• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Expansion 'Gran Atlas' for Uncharted Waters Online!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
OGPlanet Announces New Expansion 'Gran Atlas' for Uncharted Waters Online will begin on February 12, 2015

Torrance, CA - February 2, 2015 - OGPlanet is excited to announce the newest expansion for Uncharted Waters Online 'Gran Atlas'. The expansion will bring many new features within the game for players to explore. Players will have over 200 accurately modeled ships to choose from, 180+ port towns to visit and 2000+ discoveries to make with this new update. Uncharted Waters Online is the most challenging, comprehensive, complex, and focused historical high-seas experience any MMO has to offer players.

The newest major expansion Gran Atlas will be updated and ready for players to begin their journey on February 12, 2015. All areas of the world map, which is based on real life, will be opened and players may explore, trade, and battle freely in it. Three major storyline quests, new features and balances have also been added.

Join us from February 1st, on our daily login pre-launch event!

For more information on Uncharted Waters Online, visit http://uwo.ogplanet.com/en/main.og

Stay up-to-date on all UWO's events, updates and contests by following UWO on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

Attachments

• Uncharted_Gran_Atlas.jpg
    Uncharted_Gran_Atlas.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 39
That looks like something between Voyage Century Online and the first Sea Dogs game from what I've seen of those. :confused:

Uncharted Waters Online has actually been around since 2005 in Japan, a year and a half before Voyage Century Online, but yes they do look very similar. I have never played either myself, never really got that much in to MMO's. :shrug

I remember setting up a account to try it out when I was searching to quench my need for a realistic Age of Sails/Pirate game - and was utterly disappointed.

I understand the game is old, and you cannot expect much when it comes to graphics in that way - especially since it is a MMO... But come on...

If love the idea of having a realistic map with ports and so on, it's just that everything else seems sooo unrealistic to me that I got put off after just 10 hours or so of playtime. And i cannot stand the anime style... (Just does not do it for me anymore....)

In further search I found this community, and New Horizons ;-) And my thirst was finally quenched - at least for some time... :p

Last edited:
Too bad it's pay to win now though. I used to have an account with them when Netmarble owned them. Ever since OGPlanet took over they became the 'EA' of MMOs. Bunch of cash cows if you ask me. I canceled my account seeing the unbalanced players and economy.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the direction a lot of these games are going, free to play, pay to win. It is also quite prevalent in most mobile games now too. Subscription based games are even worse in my opinion. One lesson game companies have failed to learn, make a good game and people will buy it!

Ok.. the official press release for this "update"

OGPlanet Launches New Expansion Gran Atlas for MMORPG Uncharted Waters

Uncharted Waters Online (UWO), a nautical sandbox MMORPG welcomes a new chapter!

Torrance, CA - February 12, 2015 - OGPlanet is excited to announce that the newest expansion Gran Atlas for the MMORPG Uncharted Waters Online launches today. Uncharted Waters Online is the most complex historical MMORPG set in the Age of Exploration during the 16th to 19th Century. Players will make new discoveries, partake in international trade, and engage in naval warfare with hundreds of accurately and beautifully modelled sailing ships.

The latest installment, Gran Atlas, adds to an already colossal amount of content by opening up the entire world for player exploration, giving players more than 3 years of consistent game play. The newest content for the expansion includes:
  • World Map Creation system allows player to survey and complete the world map to gain access to the Northeast Passage, Russia, Mongolia and more.
  • Chrono-quest system allows players to utilize game content available in different historical periods
  • Various new ships and items
  • Updated dungeons and enemies
For more information on Uncharted Waters Online, visit http://uwo.ogplanet.com/en/main.og
Stay up-to-date on all UWO's events, updates and contests by following UWO on Facebook and Twitter.

The "latest" Youtube trailer is basically the one I linked to above with an English logo and trademarks. Gotta love recycling! :wp

Back