• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Neptunus Privateer

Blank? As in a flat colour? Maybe that's because it appears very bright in-game, so the detail is hard to make out. :shrug
You can use TX Converter to view the texture yourself, just to prove it isn't actually blank.
Still, if you think it would make a significant difference, I can modify your original texture instead.

When I replaced a white texture with it, it had no detail. I looked at it in TXconvertor and it has some textures, but not enough to show up in game. I have been upping the contrast in some of the textures I modified and this one needs that IMO.

If you could try adjusting the contrast to get a better result, then be my guest. :onya

FYI, I love this ship. The detail is awesome mate! I jest took her as a prize and what a prize she is! Great job!
me.gif

Ayup! This is a keeper for sure. The Revenge might be the best of this new crop, but the fluyt Derrflinger and the Neptunus are very good. I especially like the bow treatment and she is easy to paint.

What's stopping you from just using the PotC version? The only extra locators I imagine it would need are the lights; the rest should be directly compatible. :unsure

Actually the POTC version is the COAS version fixed so it works in POTC, so all of the locators are already there. When I put the POTC version in COAS strange things happened. COAS also has a 5th sail locator that allows better sails.
I just learned that only one version of a ship is used in COAS. :facepalm That will change................:walkplank

What strange things? The point is, any PotC ship should work just fine in CoAS, even without any lights; the locators shouldn't work differently. I realise you can also use 'fal' and 'sail0' locators, but they shouldn't be necessary to make the ship work. In theory.

I thought the engines were supposed to be similar... :modding

The sails work pretty much the same except for the mainsails. That 5th locator shapes them differently and they were out of place. It is a learning experience getting them back where they belong.
The ropes seem to move more than they do in POTC plus they are much thicker, so some adjustments were needed.
The biggest thing is the staysl's on the jib. Those things were WAAAY out there until I figured out what they need to work properly.
Lastly, the waterline is different. It seems that a setting of at least -0.6 is needed to keep the ship from submerging. There also seems to be a maximum setting beyond which the ship will not rise. I'm still experimenting there.

Properly armed, the neptunus has proved itself in battle.
Bigger than a Brig, and WAY better handling than a barque.
Beautuifully Modeled, and not plated in gold like the "Respectable " ones are.
She is Fast as friggin hell, and turns so hard, Sailors get Seasick.

I have since upgraded to a Friedrich Wilhelm. But i have a Neptunus in every Port.

Just dont bang her against no Frigate or demand to sail Through a Storm, and she will - WILL - get your sorry Arrrrs quickly and effectively wherever you need to get.

Awesome. Big thanks.

Hi guys,

Does anybody have a version of Neptunus privateer with conventional rigging (spritmast and an early style mizzen sail)?
Alternatively please show me if there is a place where I can download it again.
Unfortunatelty, I've lost some of my files and would be really glad to have it without doing a conversion once again.

Thanks in advance!

:ahoy

That is the early Neptunus isn't it? Here is one of my early Neptunus files. She is also in POTC. I do not have a package together for the late Neptunus.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/AACDj65steJuO4RrXQm5qBFYa/Neptunus4, 5, 6 ,7 early.7z?dl=0

EDIT: I found the COAS version of the late Neptunus with the spanker instead of the lateen sail. The first link is to the POTC version of the early Nepunus with the lateen sail.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tp...stuff/GOF 2 repaired ships/Neptunus L.7z?dl=0

Last edited:
POTC 9-2-2017_2017_09_21_14_31_52_430.jpg POTC 9-2-2017_2017_09_21_14_32_12_460.jpg POTC 9-2-2017_2017_09_21_12_45_52_436.jpg POTC 9-2-2017_2017_09_21_14_31_31_373.jpg POTC 9-2-2017_2017_09_21_14_31_41_180.jpg Rather than clutter up the screenshots thread some more I decided to take it here for work on the new Neptunus models. :type1

So here is where the new Portagee version is sitting now. I didn't like that shade of green at first, but it's been growing on me kinda like a fungus.

Back