• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Naval Action enters sea trials!

Red Back Dude

HoO Team Member
Promotion
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Backers will soon if they have not already receive an email detailing the Sea trials and allowing them the first access the public has had to the game so far.

From the Game Labs forum (basically a copy paste of the email sent)

"
Goal of the Sea Trials are the following

Test performance of servers, systems and infrastructure
Test performance of ships: speeds, turning, wind curves
Test performance of cannons, carronades and mortars

There is no other content in the limited sea trials. This is an alpha.
"

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1907-alpha-sea-trials-message-from-the-admiralty/

Hopefully the trials go well and we will be seeing more from Naval Action soon!

Attachments

• O2ynQon.png
    O2ynQon.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
Running fine on my hardware , wont crash from alt tabing or going in and 0ut of full screen.

pretymuch its running well.

BUT! and this is a big but aiming cannons is a frustrating guessing game so thats as far as i am going with the sea trials unless that gets updated or fixed i cant do it.

Last edited:
Modern graphics sure does look good. The screen looks cluttered. Is all that stuff needed?

Interesting, that sea and sky do look quite good! :onya

I was not aware they were doing real life locations though, that one pic kind of looks like France's Fort Boyard, or England's sea forts like Spitbank Fort. Those are al mostly late 19'th century though, what sailing eras exactly are the covering?

Modern graphics sure does look good. The screen looks cluttered. Is all that stuff needed?

Most of it is for testing i believe, the only things you use are down the bottom of the screen and the health of your ship and your opponents so i imagine they will cut it down in the future to be less cluttered.

Interesting, that sea and sky do look quite good! :onya

I was not aware they were doing real life locations though, that one pic kind of looks like France's Fort Boyard, or England's sea forts like Spitbank Fort. Those are al mostly late 19'th century though, what sailing eras exactly are the covering?

Ive seen on the game labs forum that they want to cover from somewhere around the 1500s onwards but for the sea trials it seems theyve gone with later ships.

The forts looked like upside down styrofoam cups there were a couple and you could capture them to make them shoot at the enemy.

interesting, is that first pic the bomb brig? they announced that awhile back and I wondered about its historical basis, given that the ketch rig was used on most every bomb vessel I've ever heard of

They call the ship i was sailing the Lynx ive no clue what it actualy myself sorry.

Ship in the first pic was a brig i think, it was somebody elses.

This is the games menu showing all the ships that can be unlocked.

2014-11-24_00001.jpg

Last edited:
Back