• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Music question..?

If you mean 'music_standard.c' then yes
Code:
 //============ JACKTORTUGATAVERN =======
    tmpref.music_jack_tavern.f1.name = "MUSIC\JackTavern.ogg";
Ah! I think @Jack Rackham's trick requires the new music case to be added to PROGRAM\SOUNDS\sound.c as well.

Also, note that if the filename is "JackTavern", but you name its alias "jack_tavern" in code, you'll be needing that underscore.

Also, note that if the filename is "JackTavern", but you name its alias "jack_tavern" in code, you'll be needing that underscore
Ah well .. in that case I rename in:
Code:
tmpref.music_jacktavern.f1.name = "MUSIC\JackTavern.ogg";
Ah! I think @Jack Rackham's trick requires the new music case to be added to PROGRAM\SOUNDS\sound.c as well
So could it be..?
Code:
case "Jacktavern":
            SetSoundScheme("jacktavern");
            SetMusicAlarm("music_JackTavern");
            break;
And lower
Code:
case "Jacktavern":
            SetMusicAlarm("music_JackTavern");
            break;

That should indeed help. :onya

You can probably keep the regular tavern sound line instead of this:
That one doesn't control the music; only the background sound effects.

Hmm .. I found I do not know if a bug. Ever since I left my rescue and I'm going to attack Santiago on Cuba, Fort attacked me but it still makes me laugh and the command 'open map' seems to me, however, in a normal fight this option should not be there ... also here too Music is not that of fighting

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea October 17th, 1665.rar
    590.8 KB · Views: 244
Check your compile.log file; the fort relations should be mentioned in there.

There is indeed something odd when a fort attacks you because it's remembered you from a previous encounter. I've sometimes noticed that as well. The fort is firing but you can still moor or go to worldmap. By contrast, in a normal battle, you can't moor or go to worldmap.

Really? :shock

Maybe there is some extra code that isn't taking that recognition into account then but purely checks Nation Relations. :facepalm

I am happy to have managed to find a solution to my desire to have songs to choose from. You have to do "F1" then go to the "option" and come back to the game. He sings new music on the boat.
A real auto radio, now I sail freely on the sea and I listen to the music that sings the crew :D
When I do not like, I go "F1", option and I come back I love this game even more than before
Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A pirates life for me

Last edited:
I would still have a small problem with @Jack Rackham's code. When I enter the code:
Code:
PauseAllSounds();//stops music
                                                      locations[FindLocation("ShipDeck7")].type = "GibbsSong";// new temp sound type
                                                      PostEvent("LoadSceneSound", 0.1);//starts music
No music appears. Music should aboard the Black Pearl, which ShipDeck7 should be.
Maybe I'm gonna get something wrong?
Code:
case "GibbsSong":
            SetSoundScheme("land");
            SetMusicAlarm("music_GibbsSong");
            break;
I chose 'land' because I did not know what to put in this case ...:shrug
Code:
//============ GIBBSSONG =======
    tmpref.music_gibbsong.f1.name = "MUSIC\GibbsSong.ogg";

Back