• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Murtogg & Mullroy won't talk to me

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
I want to steal the Interceptor but Murtogg & Mullroy won't speak to me.

I have also uploaded a save if it helps, along with the error.log; compile.log and system.log.

I will try to find out what I am doing wrong or if this is a bug and how it can be fixed,if someone doesn't reply before me.

Have a nice day/night!!! :cheers

Attachments

• compile.log
    4.3 KB · Views: 156
  • error.log
    468 bytes · Views: 179
  • system.log
    1,007 bytes · Views: 174
  • Michael Jamaica. Port Royale port May 12th, 1751 3.zip
    1 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:
I tried your save and it is weird. Well, I don't know much about the storyline but yes, Murtogg or Mullroy won't talk to me but I can engage conversation to any random citizen or soldier. Also, I can just take the Interceptor by using go-to menu but when I go to sea, I'm redirected to a random beach in the island of cuba. I sailed and successfully landed on Tortuga port but the quest log did not change. It only said that Jack needed to get out of the island so I did but no update on the quest log. Here are my .log files.

EDIT: Game crashes if I try going to Tortuga's Tavern.

Attachments

• compile.log
    37.5 KB · Views: 158
  • system.log
    72.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
From what I know you are not supposed to leave Jamaica at this moment, so this is the reason for the weirdness I believe.

I will try to go to the governor and see if that works, also from the code I will also meet @Pieter Boelen, this way from what I understand and I will see something new so I am really interested to see what happens!

I went to the governor and the game continued on flawlessly.

That depends on which of the different paths you're following.
On the "usual" path, I'm pretty sure "I" don't have a role to play.
On the governor path I can confirm, that I met "you" @Pieter Boelen.

As for the actual film path I have not yet figured out what goes wrong, but fortunately at least the governor path works so you can continue.

My fault, I'm afraid - I moved a locator when I should have added a new one. :oops:

Download and extract this, then put it in "RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\Town_Redmond\Port".

Attachments

• RedPort_l.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 170
Yes, it's a locator part way along the pier. You pass it on the way to talk to Dreadnought Foster in "Hornblower" and you also pass it on your way to look at the Interceptor in "Hoist the Colours".

Back