• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Multiplayer?

Did it work IP to IP or through a central server?
I never did look into it...

In that case, if the master server is down, I'm not sure what can be done... :?

Or by Changing the master server address located in engine.ini and by reverse engineering the network files in the game or possibly the same way you got the game development tools, you could create a master server for pirates ahoy

just a thought

Well MP seems like an interesting concept, but I don't know what it is like. I would have to ask people, but I heard that AoP is a bad game, so I might not get it. I'll get CoAS perhaps, since I hear it was quite good with the mods installed.

AoP is bad indeed. You should definetly get CoAS (from www.gamersgate.com), but play at the start without the mods; I mean the stock game. Another VERY IMPORTANT question. What's your Windows and what's your graphics' card?

Windows 7 with ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics (up to 1408 MB HyperMemory). Kind of average, but It'll manage CoAS I'm sure with no problem. :dance

Anyway, whats wrong with AoP anyway? I'm interested to know why so many people dislike it.

Oops! You have there a bit of a problem and that is you windows, but don't worry. After installing the game go to www.tages.com and download the drivers, otherwise your game wil give you a strange error. Another thing is: DON'T install your game in Program Files. Another problem: When you'll reach the City of Abandoned Ships you'll notice your game will crash very often. This is a hard-to-solve problem. Manage to go to the tavern and sleep there until the first storm finishes (2 days). Try not to crash the game. After that download a modified reaction_function.c file. To do that, search for the post Age of Pirates 2 City of Abandoned Ships Windows 7 Problem. In the last reply (written by me), you'll see where you have to go in order to download the file. Delete your reaction_function.c file in your game (I forgot where it is). Then download the modified file and install it where the old one was installed. Finish the CoAS quest. After finishing it, delete the modified file and, from Recycle Bin, restore the old one. That's it!

As long as I know the exact instructions to make sure, then nothing is too difficult. :yes

Yes, I meant it was hard for me to find all that info. It all happened to me and I had to research a bit. But yes, you should be fine/

Alright. I hope it all works out like you said. I'll save that post somewhere if it has the exact instructions.

You said it would before didn't you? I should be alright when I eventually get the game, since I should be knowing what to do, by doing, and finding what I need :nk

You asked before what's wrong with AoP. Well first, if you thought stock PoTC or stock CoAS were buggy, this game will drive you crazy. Surviving the bugs is impossible. They will exhaust your energy. The gameplay is terrible. The main quest is all about conquering all the towns. It is like CoAS, but
with less content. Apart from that, it uses Star-Force, a security program known for destroying computers. It is so bad, that even the Star-Force company made the so called Starforce Removal-Tool and said their software is terrible. Buy it, if you want, but you've been warned.
Note: You can remove Star-Force with the removal tool or with the Supermod (I won't write details), but no, don't buy it. Buy CoAS. Far better. A question: Do you play PotC?

Back