• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Movie character bosses in the wild

smrtwhkd

Master Mariner
Blackbeard used to be my favorite prey and getting his sword is always fun. I just ran into another boss, Clint Eastwood and his brace of horse pistols. The fun part is that he somehow knocks out my party member without killing any of them and he keeps losing hp as if he is poisoned. Are there any other similar bosses like these out there?

Clint is attacking with fists. They are capable of stunning an enemy. So are yours.

The game engine was never designed for fists, so a character using fists will still try to block with his "blade". Blocking a sword with bare fists is perhaps a bit better than allowing the sword to strike fully, but the sword will still do damage. So any time someone tries to hit Clint while he's using his fists, he'll take damage even if he blocks, and so will you if you try to block while using fists.

You will meet Davy Jones if you follow the sidequest "Elizabeth Shaw's Disappearance". (And Elizabeth Shaw herself is not a film character but is a sweet girl, literally.)

I can't think of any more boss characters from films except in specific storylines. There are other non-boss film characters in general play, though. An obvious one is the character who sits in Tortuga tavern waiting to hand you a compass. Jack Sparrow puts in a guest appearance at the end of "Hard Labours of an Assassin". And if you're a "Harry Potter" fan, you should pay close attention to the names of the citizens wandering around Grand Cayman port...

You will meet Davy Jones if you follow the sidequest "Elizabeth Shaw's Disappearance". (And Elizabeth Shaw herself is not a film character but is a sweet girl, literally.)
Does that mean she is based on a living person?

Not exactly. Look up the name on Google or DuckDuckGo, specifically in connection to confectionery. ;) I'd be surprised if the game character is based on the real person, but if not, it's an amusing coincidence.

Reactions: fjx
Back