• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord at Gamescom

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
BANNERLORD.png

TaleWorlds Entertainment Demonstrates Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord at Gamescom

COLOGNE, Germany – August 5th 2015 – This week, TaleWorlds is showing off the next instalment in the much beloved Mount & Blade series, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. Set 200 years before the events of critic and fan favourite Mount & Blade: Warband, the game delivers on player requests for richer lore by including an optional storyline into the sandbox environment.

A long list of new features announced at Gamescom has also surfaced, including dynamically changing seasons, crafting, a working ingame economy driven by ever-changing supply and demand and much more.

Announced Features

-Set 200 years before Mount & Blade Warband, during the decline of the Calradic Empire

-Optional main storyline

-Brand new game engine developed in house

-Huge continent featuring multiple factions with rich, varied cultures and developed lore as well as NPCs that have unique personalities and back-stories

-Immersive towns and cities with many areas to explore and characters to meet

-Deeper quests with multiple endings and important player decisions

-Improved storytelling with voice acted and motion captured dialogue

-Dynamic weather and seasons create varied gameplay and important decisions for the player

-Intelligent AI compete and cooperate in the struggle for power against each other and the player

-Working economy with shifting supply and demand that has clear, measurable effects on the world

-Varied siege weaponry, giving players freedom when assaulting settlements

-Greatly improved battle AI that reacts intelligently to surroundings, diverse fighting styles for different factions and parties

-Craft your own weapons with millions of possible combinations

While also making vast additions to the franchise, Bannerlord is sure to excite fans with its great improvements upon existing mechanics. Siege battles now feature a variety of machinery with full player control over how to breach the walls, catering for deep strategic thinking and dramatic assaults.

The game has been in development since the release of Warband in 2010 and features an all new engine, developed specifically for the game, by developers TaleWorlds. The engine will open up exciting new possibilities for the game and vibrant modding community, as TaleWorlds have stated they will continue their tradition of mod support. This week's reveal also includes two new videos from the developers, featuring new gameplay and engine features.

boardgame_2.png bodyguard_2.png customise_2.png duel_2.png map_2.png map_2.png party_2.png siege2_2.png siege_2.png

About TaleWorlds Entertainment
TaleWorlds Entertainment is an independent computer and video game development company founded by Armağan Yavuz, best known for developing the Mount & Blade game series. The company is based in Ankara, Turkey and strives to innovate and explore unique gameplay experiences in its products.

2005 - First playable alpha of Mount & Blade released
2008 - Mount & Blade released
2010 - Mount & Blade Warband released
2011 - Mount & Blade With Fire and Sword standalone released
2012 - Mount & Blade Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC released
2014 - Mount & Blade Warband Viking Conquest DLC released

email: info@taleworlds.com
twitter: www.twitter.com/Mount_and_Blade
facebook: www.facebook.com/mountandblade

Last edited:
I am soooo looking forward to this game... :)

That engine really looks fantastic, I am really looking forward to this one myself!

I played this last week before my old laptop was destroyed.. I must say it was one of the most addictive I ever tried.. I played Vikings version.. still haven't tried napoleon... this new one you mentioned is it out yet or under production?

Bannerlord is currently still in development, it has been in development for several years, but it is getting closer! I haven't seen a release date yet, but you can follow their Devblog HERE, you can also follow development on their forums HERE!

Reactions: A.H
Nice find Bartolomeu, thanks for posting mate! From what I have seen so far, the engine is quite impressive, I really like the that character generator, and the map is a big improvement over the old one! I am hoping for a new Blog update soon!

Yes, the character generator is really good. Now, we can create our own face :cheeky And crafting a sword is also interesting. From what I understand, we can choose the shape for the blade. ( A possibility we cannot find in Skyrim )

It had been a couple of days and I was just getting ready to check, thanks mate! :onya

I really like what they are doing integrating the castles into the villages, one was quite dependant on the other. I am really curious to see exactly what they mean by siege engines need to be built first!

I also like how they describe the dynamically changing map, and, and being able to play games with Lords and Ladies, not just in a tavern, good stuff! I will have to learn more about the weapons crafting before I have an opinion on it, it looks interesting, but I will have to see it in action. I am gonna have a tough time finding free time to play all these great games coming out games next year!

One of my all time fave games for sure actually I'm still modding M&B Warband. I hope one can mod this upcoming new version as good as warband for instance. Thanks for the heads up Thagarr wasn't aware of this upcoming gem.

This game is going to be amazing. I love warband and vikings

Back