• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

More ships and Added ships textures

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
I had my family send me my POTC disk in the mail, so I've started playing POTC Build mod a little again to make some comparisons. Getting sucked back into it a little actually. Build 14 really is awesome! I would really like to follow Pieter's vision of bringing the two mods together when CMV3.2 is done and they have 14 where they want it.

Anyway, I'm looking for the ship Sirius in POTC. It looks like a variant of Batavia. I want to port it over for CMV3.2.

In addition, concerning the Mordaunt; we do not have this texture: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/images/hms-mordaunt#imagebox

I would really like to see this one in CMV3.2. This would be a good British texture. Lots of black.

If someone can do this easily that is very familiar with the files that would be good cause I'm slow.

If not, I'll trudge around and go find them. I have for some time been making my own mod that I will probably call "Golden Age" when I'm finished. It has no skeletons except in the Brig Queen quest. I've subbed them with robbers in the caves. I've got rid of all the ugly ships. I've got rid of the Dutchman and Pearl in the nation convoy encounters and you can only find them when you fight large pirate squadrons (occasionally). Makes it a challenge if you want one of them. In addition, I've been playing with convoy encounters to make them more uniform with like ships that have that nation's flavor of ships. I use only RTBL values. Slow going and I'm having a lot of crash issues, but working through them. I'm going for more of an age of sail simulation feel and I know that's boring to most people.

V/R MK

Back