• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

More light?

Aconcagua

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Just got an idea for a new item (if none had so far): I've just been wandering around in Kralendijk's cave, and some corners are quite dark. What about a lamp giving some light? And if you allow me to steal an idea from UU: let's equip the lamp with oil flasks. Also stolen from there: other LED (light emitting dools - sorry for typo...) such as candles, torches... We might wear those like weapons, at first at least. We might later implement left hand items, so we could wear light or whatever else during fighting, too.

Is that even possible in the game engine?
The lighting is not truly dynamic, I'm afraid.

What I've found, is the game likes to calibrate brightness in response to my computer setting, to counter it. On windowed mode, it does this everytime I enter a menu. On full screen mode, it does this once when I start the program.

So playing in fullscreen mode, right before starting the program I turn my computer monitor brightness to the lowest setting, start the game, load my gane, and then raise my computer setting. After that, I can see in even caves pretty well.

Very weird, maybe its just my computer it reacts that way to.

On the general issue of seeing in caves, not the specific suggestion obviously.

Back