• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Missing Emoticons of the Pirate Kind

Thanks! Uploaded the missing ones to SkyDrive and changed the links. They seem to be working again. :)

How about now? I just moved it to my public folder, which should fix the rest as well. One moment...

Thanks mates, looks like everything is working fine, it didn't even occur to me that most of them were on the FTP. :facepalm

Half of the emoticons are missing for me and have been for 5 days now. What is worse is that when reading posts emoticons that others have used are there until Blink! they are replaced with a generic box.

Then what would make them do this? Where should I look to repair them?
emoticons missing.jpg

Just looking at a sample of those you show as missing, they all seem to be ones uploaded at Postimage.org. Could it be that the site isn't working for you?
I could upload the broken images to my SkyDrive folder, as the ones from there are still working fine.
Could you list the ones that don't show up, based on the text they show when hovering the cursor over them? That would make things easier for me to sort out.

Ok, but this probably a partial list as it changes. When I first click on emoticons there are many missing but they are fully there. Then after 30 seconds or more another group pops up and they are just boxes. In that screenie there are many different ones that showed up this time.
So here is what I'm seeing this time: dancing monkeys, why is the rum gone?, ROFL, pirate07, popcorn, pirate41, beer2, raft.

I've replaced the ones you listed. Do they work properly now?

I just looked and two more are just boxes. No and Napolean. They have worked before but not this time.
Whoops! Another one popped up. Walk the plank.

at least I got the monkeys. :monkeydance

Uh,yes, no, maybe. This puter is having a real hard time connecting to that site.

Suspicion: Is this stuff Javascript?

JavaScript? I don't think so. I believe this site uses CSS for all the styling you can see.

For whatever reason I am still having problems with the emoticons. As near as I can tell the problem is I am having trouble accessing that site and getting incomplete downloads.
I asked about Java because it crashed Firefox a few days ago.

But the ones I transferred to SkyDrive are working properly, right? What I'll do is go through the remaining smilies from Postimage.org and transfer them as above.
Chances are you're not the only one having problems connecting to that site.

EDIT: I've now moved Ahoy, Shocked and Woot, which were the last ones I could find that weren't on SkyDrive or directly installed in the forum itself by Keith. Are they all working properly, now?

Back