• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

Yoshimtu

Landlubber
I'm getting a error when trying to run the game, after the mod has been installed
Microsoft Visal C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program:...)\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean\ENGINE.exe
Abnormal program termination

Heres what the ENGINE.exe says
Storm Engine 2

Scanning modules\Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128 done
initializing complete

XINTERFACE.DLL

I saw a couple other threads about this but didn't see too many solutions

POTC works fine before the mod, heres what I do
Install POTC
Install Build beta 2.5
Run the RunMe.bat

I tried reinstalling the mod and the game itself and even with the options marked, see no compile.log or .txt

Attachments

• error.log
    109 bytes · Views: 252
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 176
ahh you installed it to C: .. well I think that your install is corrupted because of the windows security.. Do you have another partition on your HD?

No, and all the windows security and firewalls and such are disabled. It's installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm not sure about it but that might not be since the base game runs fine without the mod.

Ahh caught that! The other thing is to install anywhere BUT in Program Files. Anything put in Program Files activates windows security and causes big problems with POTC.

The best thing is to use a completely other partition (which is in every way recommended, not only for playing POTC Build Mod, if Windows crashes sometimes or similar problems, your files are still safe on the other partition ;) )

Back