• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Medieval II: Total War Collection coming to Mac and Linux via Steam

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Feral Interactive announced today that Medieval II: Total War™ Collection will be released on Steam for both Mac and Linux on January 14th. Developed by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA for Windows in 2006, Medieval II: Total War has received a wealth of critical praise since for its historical reach and immersive gameplay.

The Medieval II: Total War Collection combines thrilling real-time battles and sophisticated turn-based strategy in a vast campaign that spans five centuries and encompasses the Crusades, the spread of plague and the proliferation of gunpowder. As a warrior king, players will lead one of 17 factions to supremacy in the medieval world with an artful mix of diplomacy, commerce and war.

On the campaign map, players will build their empire’s infrastructure, cities and trade routes, then master the art of diplomacy to disarm enemies, empower allies and gain the favour of the Pope. On the battlefield, they will conduct siege warfare, command thundering cavalry charges and lead their armies into epic clashes that will bring entire kingdoms to their knees.

The Medieval II: Total War Collection contains the Kingdoms expansion, which includes four standalone campaigns: Discovery of the Americas, Britannia, Crusades, and the Teutonic Campaign.

“We’re delighted to bringing one the best-loved Total War games to Mac and Linux,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive, “Medieval II: Total War Collection is a bona fide strategy classic and our most-requested port.”
Medieval II: Total War Collection retails for US $24.99/£18.99/€22,99 on Steam, the Feral Store and other third party stores.

Medieval II: Total War and Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms are also available separately via Steam and retail for US $19.99/£14.99/€19,99 and US $11.99/£8.99/€11,99 respectively.

A minisite dedicated to the game is available now at http://www.feralinteractive.com/x/mac-games/medieval2twcollection/(for some reason, this link does not work, it may not go live till January 14'th. There is no link for it yet on Steam either, I'll update the article when I find one)

Minimum Mac system requirements call for a 1.8Ghz CPU with at least 4GB RAM, 256MB or better graphics card, and Mac OS 10.10.5 or later. The game requires an AMD 4000 series graphics card or better, NVIDIA 9000 series or better and Intel HD3000 series or better.

Minimum Linux system requirements call for a 2Ghz CPU with at least 4GB RAM, 512MB or better graphics card, and SteamOS 2.0 or Ubuntu 14.04 or better. The game also requires an NVIDIA 600 series+ with Driver Version 352.55, AMD R7 with Mesa 11.2 driver, and Intel Iris Pro with Mesa 11.2 driver. AMD GPUs may require Ubuntu 15.10 or later. The Mesa 11.2 driver is still in active development.

About Feral Interactive
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher of games for the Macintosh and Linux platforms, founded in 1996 and based in London, England. It is responsible for such hits as GRID™ Autosport, Alien: Isolation™- The Complete Edition, Company of Heroes™ 2, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Empire: Total War for Mac and Linux, and Thief™, LEGO® Jurassic World™, DiRT 3, and Total War™: SHOGUN 2 for Mac. Please visit our website at http://www.feralinteractive.com, find us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/feralgames or Facebook http://www.facebook.com/feralinteractive.

About SEGA
As one of the leading interactive entertainment companies, SEGA cultivates creative talent worldwide with offices in America, Japan and our European HQ in London. Our acclaimed UK based studios include Sports Interactive and The Creative Assembly who are responsible for award-winning titles and iconic franchises such as Football Manager™, Aliens™, and the Total War™ series. Hardlight, the newest UK studio in the SEGA family, are the talented team behind Sonic the Hedgehog™'s latest adventures on mobile platforms Sonic Jump™ and Sonic Dash™. SEGA's much loved blue hedgehog mascot is a true global brand crossing over from video games into toys, stationary, apparel and much more. SEGA is growing and has recently completed an acquisition of Canada based Relic Entertainment Studio, famed for high quality strategy games including “Warhammer 40k Dawn of War” and the “Company of Heroes” series. We are determined to set new standards in interactive entertainment and are excited by the opportunity of welcoming such a talented development studio into the SEGA family.

About Creative Assembly
Founded in 1987, Creative Assembly is one of the UK’s most successful and established game studios. Creator of the multi award-winning Total War strategy series, the studio has received numerous press, industry and consumer accolades, including BAFTAs and the Develop Industry Excellence awards. Home to over 300 highly talented developers and counting, the studio continues to expand to cover a variety of triple-A console, PC and mobile projects. Creative Assembly’s website is located at www.creative-assembly.com.

Attachments

• Medieval_Total_War_Steam.png
    Medieval_Total_War_Steam.png
    251.5 KB · Views: 59
I got this on steam during holiday season special.. was dirt cheap now it's quite expensive.. unfortunately there are no achievements for this game.

I first started playing it during 2007.. it was magnificent.. then through the years I could finish a campaign in 2 days =D

Yeah, it is a fantastic game! A bit pricey for being almost 10 years old, though it does still hold up quite well.

Yes I love it because it's the only RTS I could win !
Armies were easy to defeat, even on very hard difficulty.. but on later total war games.. i ain't smart enough to figure proper strategies for winning.. not to mention the lack of concentration on development..

and now Warhammer is coming soon.. look at how total war standards has gone down. From history, to fiction and fantasy.
It's as if 99% of the customer audience are 10 year old kids anticipating fantasy games..

Which if you see on every new list of games, that's what is coming out on new releases.. fantasy..fantasy..football..fantasy..first person shooter.. and more of the same.

Yup, FPS and fantasy, that is about all computer games are anymore. That is one of the biggest reasons that we are creating Hearts of Oak! :onya

Reactions: A.H
Ps4 as well.. i bought my console December 2013.. until now I only have GTaIV, Assassins black flag.. and I just bought this week Assassins creed unity.

I stopped going to the shop anymore because I know what I should expect from every store visit.. disappointment.

IT'S ABOUT TIME!

I've been barking at Feral for years to do this! Apparently they had real difficulties doing the port. Which is odd, as every other TW title (except the first two) is now on OSX...anyway it's here now, albeit not on Steam yet, and is still one of the better TW titles out there...was playing agan only the other week it's held up well even aganist the likes of Rome and Attila.

My info is obviously out of date...to be honest, while they can be a little slow getting stuff out, Feral are one of those companies you feel is genuinely looking out for the common gamer...cheers mate!

Back