• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Matton Missions

cwineman

Landlubber
Arr,

I'm wondering how to finish the missions from the store owner Matton on the french island (fillet de floor, or however that is spelled/pronounced).

I'm at the point where you are supposed to drop off his daughter on Isla Muella(the spanish island, however it's spelled/pronounced).

I can either drop her off at some house or hold her for ransom. Either way, when I get back to the french island, I can't seem to continue the quest.

If I drop the daughter off, the woman at the house asks me to drop off a letter to Matton, the store owner. When I do, he says something about another job, but the dialog ends with him saying "..." and me responding with "...". Not very useful. And after that there is no obvious way to continue.

If I hold the daughter ransom and return her to Matton, there is a dialog that suggests you can meet him in two hours on a beach outside of town and trade the daughter for 5000 gold. If I do that, he disappears from the store. But when I look for him at every beach on the island he is nowhere to be found.

Has anyone finished these missions? Is there some mission bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Back