• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Manual Trading Only?

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
I only just started playing PR3 today. Is it possible to do trade route like in Patrician where you can selected the goods you want to buy & sell or is it all automatic? I started the trade route but I can't see where to add in the specifics.

Yeah had same issue, made route but it did nothing even with the command set to make $$$ the fleet did 0

OK, sort of figured it out that it's in the settings of the trade route.

UPDATE: God this is tedious, they had a decent system in Pat4 why did they make it so longwinded to edit and make manual trade routes.

Back to Skyrim..

You can auto -trade in 2 ways:
1. Hire a warehouse worker (if you have a warehouse in the city) and leave there the stuff you want sold. He will sell it after the prices go up to match the pre-conditioned profit margin and will auto-supply your trade convoys (lead by the AI) if the goods are not blocked or put on "keep the raw materials for XX days". Attention: making a custom trade route can override the block!
2. Setting up an unlimited number of AI lead convoys. But:
- beware of the pirates
- not all trade routes can become profitable so watch for the adviser messages which pop up if a certain convoy cannot make a profit
- my observations are the AI convoys are good enough so in most cases making a custom route is not needed. But don't make the routes too short or too long. Also don't overlap routes except if they have quite different strategy (it is said usually "sell and supply" and "prosperity" work in the similar ways, but stick to "sell and supply" for the towns where you need imported raw materials).
- as a rule don't leave a convoy on "profit" if he goes through towns which produce raw materials which you need - the captain will sell them for profit instead of stuffing the warehouse

What I don't get is how stupid "stock and supply" seems to be. I once needed sugar and wood in Port Royale for my Rum distilleries. The convoy simply bought the sugar and wood off a few cities, then sold some, bought some more, sold some again. And I could have had say 200 sugar and 100 wood - I had 100 sugar and 50 wood. I don't get why the hell would it sell? I NEED IT. Which is why I now manually supply my businesses, then set the steward to sell them. Maybe a convoy to "empty warehouse", but that's all.

Does anybody else have this problem?

What I don't get is how stupid "stock and supply" seems to be. I once needed sugar and wood in Port Royale for my Rum distilleries. The convoy simply bought the sugar and wood off a few cities, then sold some, bought some more, sold some again. And I could have had say 200 sugar and 100 wood - I had 100 sugar and 50 wood. I don't get why the hell would it sell? I NEED IT. Which is why I now manually supply my businesses, then set the steward to sell them. Maybe a convoy to "empty warehouse", but that's all.

Does anybody else have this problem?
Ho. The first thing you should read is the tooltip what exactly does any pre-made strategy. Also you should have put a limit on the sales from your warehouse. Either by limiting a hard numbers or days for your business. Stock and supply does exactly this - tries to stock your warehouse if it finds low prices and sells when the prices are high. If you want a steady supply of certain raw material you need to make the corresponding farms/workshops in the needed city OR to give orders to buy and stock raw materials at any cost.
AND something else the number of the goods the different trade routes buy depends on the total size of the ships in the convoy. If the convoy is relative small it buys only the best deals. If the convoy is huge it buys every deal which promises a profit.

Edit: Besides you should not expect to make a big trade empire with a single ship, right?

Back