• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Make your vote count!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Most of you know that we have been around for a long time, over a decade now. For many years, there has been no way to legally purchase any of the games we originally created mods for, with the exception of running across an occasional used copy on Ebay. This is pretty typical for most software as computer technology is always changing. Computer games though are not typical software, and gamers certainly are not just average computer users. Our mods have extended the life cycle for all 3 games far beyond what was originally intended.

It is a risky measure people have to take now to even get a copy of a game to install our mods on. It is not safe to download these games from torrent sites, and can lead to opening up a gamers system to all kinds of viruses and back-door trojans. Even with up to date virus and adware protection, the hackers are always one step ahead. Copies of the games can also be altered from what the original sock game was, and that causes issues with our mods.

A few years ago, we tried to convince the people over at GOG to add POTC to their games list, but so far that campaign has not paid off. It does appear that the voting is still open however, and you can still vote for POTC, it is approaching 200 votes and you can add yours HERE! CoAS is well over 100, and you can vote for adding CoAS HERE! You will have to create a GOG account to vote, but it is worth it, GOG has some really great deals on classic games! Please head on over and make your vote count!

Attachments

• pa-logo.png
    pa-logo.png
    11 KB · Views: 57
Signed up and voted for both. I'm one of the many that have been unable to get a legal copy, and would happily pay for either game or both.

Thanks mates, your votes are much appreciated! Spread the word if you can! I am going to try and do a better job of promoting it this time. :wp

Voted. I totally agree with this, and I rarely comment on sites like that or even join forums like these, but I have because it's a truly amazing game coupled with the exceptional mods that you guys have added to it.

Thanks superkid, we sure hope so mate, your vote is much appreciated!

antonyzac, thanks for the kind words mate, we are ecstatic that you enjoyed our mods, and really appreciate you taking the time to vote!

As of now the voting has POTC at 208 votes received, CoAS has 149 and Sea Dogs is up to 171. That is quite a jump from where it started on all 3. Great work mates, keep spreading the word!

I have a feeling they aren't even going to consider it though until we hit 1000 or more, but I am just guessing. :shrug

It's better than nothing, especially for the small amount of advertising we've done. If we made a more conscious effort, particularly in news articles for mod releases and such, perhaps we could slowly gain more attention for these games.

That would be a good idea. It's unfortunate none of us thought about that years ago, but better late than never! I did also post it on the ModDB comments section, and about 5 or 6 Youtube videos.

I did also post it on the ModDB comments section
Indeed I saw that. Perhaps we should post it in an actual ModDB article. Unfortunately that would overwrite the "Beta 3.2 Release Article".
Perhaps posting it as a "feature" would be an option?

It's in the comments section now, I reckon that is good enough for people to see for a while. When we are ready for the next update, you can add it to that article then.

Back