• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Main Menu buttons do not respond [Build 14 post January 2024 update]

MikuCore

Landlubber
Greetings,

while playing Caribbean Legends i really felt like going back to the magnificient Build Mod.

To my surprise, i found the Main Menu unresponisve to my clicking. The buttons get pressed visually, but nothing at all happens.
This does not happen on my older archived version, the base game works fine as well.
Looking around here, my problem is not fixed by limiting my framerate or changing resolution and screen mode. Neither by removing "options" or "engine.ini", the game refuses to work entirely if i do. "Safe Mode" does nothing as well.

So i would kindly ask for assitance, since i have no clue what to do anymore.

This should not be related to my hardware, since it works just fine, but here goes:
Windows 10 Home 64bit
GTX 1080 8gb
Intel i7-12700 12x2,1GHz
32GB Ram
Installed on HDD (4 TB)

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Attachments

• compile.log
    1.9 KB · Views: 17
  • error.log
    2.8 KB · Views: 9
  • system.log
    765 bytes · Views: 10
Hello there,

as usual.
Install the base game first, see if it works.
Install the base mod, with installer and archive from moddb, see if it works.
Get the latest update from over here, overwrite installed files with the new ones and done.

Done that many times, always worked until yesterday. :(

Hello there,

as usual.
Install the base game first, see if it works.
Install the base mod, with installer and archive from moddb, see if it works.
The archive is fine from ModDB but the installer is probably out of date. Links to the current files can be found here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Gamma Version [Last update: 12th January 2024]

If you used the update which is intended for the 2022 installer but used an earlier installer, that could cause all sorts of errors.

Oh, i was entirely unaware a new installer exists. I still have the old one from 2018.
Now everything works as intended :thumbs1

Thank you very much!

Back