• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Long wait time/stalling

FireBat

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I have noticed on occasion that piratesahoy, will um, studder...or take quite a long time to get from one page to the next. Sometimes the page will fail to load at all.
I'll get the internet explorer cannot display this page...At the same time, i can load pages from other sites...
Im hoping that the server is just busy, or maybe a small upgrade is needed, and not something more serious...

I have been noticing this a bit myself lately FireBat, and I am using Firefox, so it's not just you mate. It is still pretty rare though, most of the time the site loads just fine for me.

It isnt so rare for me, pretty well happens every other time i try to go from place to place....

I wonder if the number of posts on the site is getting to be a bit much...Maybe some of the really old topics that havent any responses for over a year could be archived away?

Weird, I really hardly ever have any trouble. Time of day though might play into it a bit, I am usually only on early in the mornings after I get off work. Just out of curiosity FireBat, have you tried it with Firefox as well? we have had some issues with IE specific problems in the past. Not sure if it was an IE problem, or an IP Board problem though. :shrug

If I'm not at work, Im here all hours of the day...
I sit on this forum like a homeless dude on a city street corner...
This morning was terrible (8am ET) In some cases I had to reload the page mulitple times as IE would timeout...or it would take a couple of minutes for a page to load....

Then the next moment, the speed is great...

A moment later... I have to reload the page again, 3-6 times just to post a reply (it gives me time to really think on what i will post lol)

I am downloading and installing firefox now. I've never had much use for it as I like IE just fine....

I'll give you all an update to see if that fixes things...
(Well, it would seem that IE was the problem...my foot is firmly in my mouth..)

xD: That reminds me so much of me it's scary! Just be careful holding out a tin cup, you never know what will get dropped in it around here! :?

If you don't particularly care for Firefox, ya might give Google Chrome or Opera a try. I have just been using Firefox for so long now, it just seems strange to use anything else. I have a strong aversion to anything Microsoft, if it wasn't for Sea Dogs and POTC, I would have switched to Linux long ago! I am still in shock that Windows 7 actually works, although it does still have some of Microsoft's annoying habits, it really is an impressive operating system.

xD: That reminds me so much of me it's scary! Just be careful holding out a tin cup, you never know what will get dropped in it around here! :?

I think some dropped in Ragetti's eye in my cup. I'm sure he'll be wanting that back.

I actually had google chrome, but never thought of using it. I think i stuck with IE cause the quick launch icon was right there...

Trust me, that is nothing compared to the "little gifts" Stallion might leave you! :shock

It isnt so rare for me, pretty well happens every other time i try to go from place to place....

I wonder if the number of posts on the site is getting to be a bit much...Maybe some of the really old topics that havent any responses for over a year could be archived away?
You have been infected by "Microsoft's Own Virus"

the cure is to install Firefox

and this is no joke

Something Microshaft is doing is making many web pages act like they are DOA - and it may also be related to DOA ad servers - pages that refuse to load until the ad gets around to loading - this happens rarely on Firefox (but as has been noted in this thread it still happens)

And the problem comes out worst on Internet Explorer - hence the name "Microsoft's Own Virus" or "MOV"

an interesting theory...

Installing FireFox has all together fixed my browsing issues on this site..

an interesting theory...

Installing FireFox has all together fixed my browsing issues on this site..
theory substantiated on my computer, 2 different notebooks, and an in-law's computer

and fully diagnosed on a friend's Vista computer.

Microsoft will stop at nothing

to get you to use Firefox.

I wonder why that would be....what would they gain by having people leave thier browser?

I wonder why that would be....what would they gain by having people leave thier browser?
next release of the OS and no browser included

Europe is happy

Microshaft doesn't have to support it

and somebody else is forced to live with the viruses

Everybody wins.

Back