• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

L'Hermione Update, February 2015

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Back in early February, the Association Hermione-La Fayette in Rochefort posted a short video on their twitter page of L'Hermione in dry dock in La Pallice. As you can see in the video, the water was drained to provide access to the hull to do some fairing work, some painting, and to replace the engines.

As you may recall, one of the engine pods failed just after she started her sea trails back in September of last year. Both engines were sent back to the Italian manufacturer to be examined and repaired, and she successfully completed her sea trails using her original pair of first generation prototype engines which preformed flawlessly! The engines are there because of modern maritime law for a vessel the size of L'Hermione, and they also make entering and exiting port far more convenient.

After replacing the perfectly working first generation prototype engines with the second generation engines for testing, once again the same second generation engine failed. The second generation engines have again been removed and sent back to Italy. A representative from the Association has assured that everything is going fine, and L'Hermione should leave La Pallice in late February for Rochefort, where she will make final preparations for more sea trials and final certification in March.

She is currently set to leave on her voyage to America on April 18'th, 2015. Also, I finally found an article written in the US on this voyage and ship from back in January. This is the first US article I have seen about the ship since the New York Times news story back in 2012. You can read that full story on The Daily Beast. I still haven't made up my mind if I am going to make a trip to the East Coast to see her, but I certainly want to! Is anyone else thinking of making the trip? If so, where are you planning on going? It might be a good opportunity to actually meet some of you in person!

Attachments

• L'Hermione_voyage_2015.png
    L'Hermione_voyage_2015.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 17
Back