• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Levelling: Skill Progression too Fast

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
This isn't so much about salaies as perks, but I found this thread first. Anyway, it seems that officers pay is too low if anything and we all seem to be getting too skilled too fast now.

POTC4 2015-12-08 08-17-29-30.jpg Me at level 30.

POTC4 2015-12-08 08-18-34-11.jpg Artois Voysey is suddenly getting VERY good.

POTC4 2015-12-08 08-18-45-13.jpg This is the first officer I hired when he was level 4 or so.

POTC4 2015-12-08 08-19-22-18.jpg In later periods this is Rys Bloom. He was already pretty good when I hired him.

POTC4 2015-12-08 08-19-39-70.jpg This one was hired not too long ago and has advanced rapidly.

POTC4 2015-12-08 08-19-31-37.jpg The most recently hired officer who is also advancing pretty fast.

There is also something strange going on with perks as there are many that can not be bought. They stay white all the time.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Isla Juana.7z
    643.8 KB · Views: 104
Wow, that progression is MUCH too fast! And not at all in line with the approximate "2 skill points and 1 perk per level", is it? :shock
Uhm.... @Levis....?

Build 14 Beta 4 WIP: 8 Dec 2015
Playing BBF, McAlister. Something is wrong with leveling & advancement, after boarding only two enemy ship I have lvl 60, and can command ship 1 class! Same goes for all of the officers.
All skills are at lvl 10.
Screenshot

Last edited:
Those numbers are officially COMPLETELY INSANE!
Looks like @Levis has some more investigating to do. :facepalm

I can confirm that battle levelling is off. I got into a fight with a sloop, no boarding but just shooting till they sank, and I levelled up 9 times from level 20 to level 29. Other than that I'm still levelling up faster than my officers.

My smuggler got intercepted by pirates and is trying to run away. A lot of shots traded during the chase, nothing seems to be particularly wrong with that part... No outrageously large arguments to AddXP, and postinit events looks pretty sane.
It's probably boarding/sinking part that is broken.
Does anybody have a prebattle savegame handy? The character I'm currently playing is more likely to get killed than to get any experience, if it comes to close action. :)

Does anybody have a prebattle savegame handy? The character I'm currently playing is more likely to get killed than to get any experience, if it comes to close action. :)

If you are testing this - you could switch "God mode" on by pressing 0 on the numberpad ( with cheats enabled - see InternalSettings.h in the program folder - think it is the last entry in the file).

This will keep you alive in the fights & ensure your ship takes no Hull damage ( sails are still damaged).

:drunk

Started a new Laurence de Graaf game, joined a fight between English and French. Got no sudden experience growth after French stroke their colors. But I'm getting this

Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Leveling.c; line: 351
missed attribute: skillimportancetotal
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Leveling.c; line: 351
no rAP data
in error.log (this is 8 Dec + fixes from that 11 Dec zip )

Okay I found 1 problem already.
At sea a float value was passed as an integer in a function. this caused XP values of over 500000 to be used.
Fixed that. now looking more into it.

Nope it isn't.
Just had a testrun again and after boarding my level was suddenly dubbled (plus 4). And only by level, no (skill) xp was added or something like that.

Back