• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

L`Hermione Launched

Bava

Wannabe Shipwright
3D Artist
QC Advisor
Storm Modeller
The Hermione has been launched this weekend :)

http://www.visit-poitou-charentes.com/en/News-Offers/Rochefort-celebrates-Hermione-launch

p1020212.jpg

isn't that a sight!:) an extremely accurate replica, as far as I can tell. she will be the largest frigate around that actually sails out to sea. actually the only one now that the HMS Rose/Surprise is docked in dan diego.

Indeed a beautiful sight! Wonderful to see another accurate recreation of a frigate like this. :keith

Indeed, she is a beauty, cool stuff mate! :onya

Really looking forward to seeing her fully rigged and under sail!

Thanks for the the videos, Thagarr, they´re great! She´s even bigger than I expected, the crewmen on the deck almost look like miniatures :p

I don't think they have a firm date yet mate, but I think they are aiming to have her finished by the end of this year. They are planning to sail her to tour America's east coast, but I don't think they have set a final target date yet, at least I didn't see one anywhere. You can find out more about here HERE!

I was at the launch, It was just magnificent to see such a ship moving, you feel very lucky to experience this, it gives you the impression to be in the XVIIIth century :)

Incredibly the original took just 11 months to build and 2000 oaks. You can help by sending €10 donation and get your name added to the sails; although being able to read it from more than a metre away might be asking too much.

Unfortunately the non profit organization involved with the project is lacking funds to plan the 2015 atlantic crossing to Boston ... The finances are 5 millions euros short...
That's.... a lot of money! :shock

Back