• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Keeping Will Turner

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
If you're playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk" and you take the "Silver Train" sidequest at the right time in the story, it is possible to end up with Will Turner as a permanent companion.

The problem is that he's unremovable and immortal, so he really is a permanent companion - you can't sell his ship and you can't even let him be sunk to clear his companion slot.

Option 1: add some code to "Tales of a Sea Hawk" to check if Will Turner is a companion when he shouldn't be, then remove him. Apart from denying the player a bit of deviousness, the snag is that the same thing might happen in other storylines.

Option 2: make Will Turner removable and mortal at the end of "Silver Train". This won't affect the sidequest because this is where he's supposed to split the loot with you and then disappear. If you manage to get him back, he's no longer protected. For additional amusement, make Elizabeth Swann an officer on Will Turner's ship so that if you do manage to get Will back, you get Elizabeth as well.

I'll leave it to you to figure out how to get Will Turner back. :p

Good, because I've already written the code to do that. :D

Not that I expect it to happen all that often. We haven't seen any bug reports about Will Turner being permanently attached to Nathaniel Hawk's fleet, so presumably nobody else has stumbled across the particular combination of events which can cause this. Yet...

Back