• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Jolly Rover Now Available on Steam!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4649/jollyrover.jpg[/imgleft]It's official mates, Jolly Rover is now available for purchase and download on Steam!

It be the golden age of pirates! Dogs of the sea! Quite literally.

Our swashbuckling sausage-dog star is Gaius James Rover, son of the famous clown Jolly Rover, who died from a blow to the groin from an improperly loaded joke cannon.

Following the tragically comedic death of his father, young Gaius, who insists on using his middle name James, goes to live with his uncle, a wealthy plantation owner on a small Caribbean island. While practising a particularly tricky juggling move, he accidentally taints a barrel of rum with tobacco, creating a potent and addictive brew which he coins ‘Jolly Rover’, one of the most prized substances in the Caribbean.

Alas, the wealth of Jolly Rover sales only manages to fill the pockets of his uncle, and Gaius longs for action and adventure and, more importantly, the opportunity to start his own circus and follow in the footsteps of his father.

It is not long before the fumbled juggling ball of opportunity raps Gaius smartly on the head yet again. While his uncle is away, a large contract for Jolly Rover arrives from Guy DeSilver, Governor of the notorious Groggy Island, with payment upfront!

In a blinding flurry of optimism, Gaius pools his meagre savings with this advance and charters a ship and crew to take him to Groggy Island. Along the way he meets a colourful band of seafaring cutthroats, scallywags and rogues otherwise known as pirates.

It is here we begin to follow the short and stubby tail of Gaius across three wild and untamed tropical islands, as he attempts to fulfil his dream of starting a circus, hampered only by pirates, villains, voodoo, love and considerable lack of loot.

Jolly Rover is a traditional 2D point and click adventure, including casual elements, such as an integrated hint system, and task bar. Bonus elements include unlockable Captain Bio's, music, concept art and developer commentary!

Key features:

* Over 60 beautifully rendered scenes to explore
* 25 colourful, fully animated and voiced characters
* Traditional point and click adventure with simple one-click interface
* Organic and fully integrated hint and task tracking system
* Unlockable extras include Captain Bio's, concept art, music tracks and directors commentary

[imgleft]http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2876/platformwin.png[/imgleft]PC System Requirements

o OS: Windows 7, Vista, XP SP1 & 2
o Processor: Pentium IV 1.2 Ghz processor or faster
o Memory: 256 MB RAM
o Graphics: Standard
o DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
o Hard Drive: 160 MB
o Sound: Standard

[imgleft]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4015/platformmac.png[/imgleft]Mac System Requirements

o OS: Mac OS X 10.6, 10.5, 10.4
o Processor: G4 800 MHz or faster processor
o Memory: 256 MB RAM
o Graphics: Standard
o DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
o Hard Drive: 160 MB
o Sound: Standard

There is also apparently a Demo available, but I was unable to find it! :facepalm Anyway, you can find it on Steam HERE! And you can find the official Brawsome page HERE!

I finally got my hands on the demo, seems you have to actually have the Steam client installed to actually play it, Duh! :facepalm

Well buckle me swash and call me Silver! I finished the demo with 407 points, this game is awesome! Some of the puzzles are quite challenging, and I did have to feed the parrot a couple of crackers. :wp

It's very well written and quite amusing from what I have seen of the demo. It has been a while since I played a good ol' style point and click adventure, and this one fits the bill just fine! Brawsome did a fantastic job with this one mates! Even taking the annoying Steam client into account, this game is well worth $19.99!

Anybody else played this game yet? :?

For those of you who haven't tried this game out, now is your chance! This weekend only you can pick up Jolly Rover for %50 off! This really is quite a good and amusing little indie game!

Bargain Hunter: Who Wants A Cheap Pirate Adventure?

Jolly Rover, the Aussie-made pirate-themed point-and-click adventure, is celebrating one-month on sale with, er… a sale! You can get it for 50% off this weekend.

If you’re following Jolly Rover on Twitter, Facebook or just the regular old mailing list on July 24, you’ll score yourself a 50% discount code. Even better, there’s no limit to the number of copies you can buy with this code. So it’s probably not a bad way to cover off all your gaming mates’ Christmas presents for this year.

You can read the full story HERE!

Looks like it could be fun - I just wish Steam would download it. xD: Stupid thing keeps crapping out on me. :urgh

There's two free full games on there now too: Portal and Alien Swarm. :yes

Back