• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Issues with 1152x864 res

BootstrapBill

Landlubber
Hello

I recently reinstalled my machine. I have a Dell XPS 600. I played Pirates very happilly on it before with no issues at all.

After my reinstall with latest drivers etc. Pirates have problems with the 1152x864 resolution mode. When I select it the game slows down and the videos refuse to play. The sound is also intermittant. It starts as soon as the game starts up the even the intro videos don't play and the screen is black and sound stutters. When I keep [ressing escape I can get to the menu which displays normal but then again when I choose a game no video is showing and sound is off or stutters again. Works fine in all oither resolutions.

When I go down to 1024x768 all is well. I cannot understand it as it used to work before.

Anybody else had something similar happen?

Please help as 1024x768 is simply to fuzzy for my liking as I have a Viewsonic VX724 LCD.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Gian

<!--quoteo(post=158549:date=Aug 18 2006, 08:30 PM:name=BootstrapBill)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BootstrapBill @ Aug 18 2006, 08:30 PM) [snapback]158549[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Hello

I recently reinstalled my machine. I have a Dell XPS 600. I played Pirates very happilly on it before with no issues at all.

After my reinstall with latest drivers etc. Pirates have problems with the 1152x864 resolution mode. When I select it the game slows down and the videos refuse to play. The sound is also intermittant. It starts as soon as the game starts up the even the intro videos don't play and the screen is black and sound stutters. When I keep [ressing escape I can get to the menu which displays normal but then again when I choose a game no video is showing and sound is off or stutters again. Works fine in all oither resolutions.

When I go down to 1024x768 all is well. I cannot understand it as it used to work before.

Anybody else had something similar happen?

Please help as 1024x768 is simply to fuzzy for my liking as I have a Viewsonic VX724 LCD.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Gian
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What is the native resolution of your LCD?

How does a higher resolution work (if your monitor can support it).

Native res on my LCD is 1280x1024

It is not happy with anything above 1024x768. Bit whats weird is that it worked before.

Thanks,
Gian

Back