• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Issues Installing Beta 4

FrozenHeart

Freebooter
Downloaded the latest version from ModDB. Put them on same folder as always. But at the time of installation getting following error -

"Main files archive file not present. Place 'Build14_beta4_final.tar' in this folder to continue.
Main files archive not found. Skipping section.
Build 14 Beta 4.0 main files not found. Make sure to install those through this wizard first!"

As I know both EXE & Main files is in .tar format. Then why I am getting this error?

It is looking for the exact file name that it asks for in the same folder that you have the EXE in.
Apparently in your case the name is different, so change it back to what it is meant to be.

Sorry, I don't understand. I did not change anything. EXE & Main files is in the same folder. As I did earlier.

The TAR file MUST be called "b14_beta4_final.tar" and placed in the same folder as the EXE; exactly that and not anything else.
So also not, for example, "b14_beta4_final.tar.tar" where the second .tar is hidden because it is a known extension on your computer.

I understand what you say. I downloaded them(EXE & Main) from that link you provided(ModDB). Did not rename the files. Put them in same folder. Then why getting this error?

You tell me. Having the files exactly like this side-by-side is how it works:

upload_2016-4-16_13-32-6.png

Apparently that is not the case on your end. :shrug

No, you don't understand. They are in same folder(see the screen shot from my pc). They are exactly the same as you say. This is not the 1st time I am installing the game.

Attachments

• Doc1.docx
    117.8 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Why are you attaching as a Word document?
I am not opening that.

I understand fine; there is only one reason for the installer giving you that error message and that is because the filename does not match up correctly.

Coz, I want to make you understand that I did that right way. They are in same place.

I did not change any file name. Then I'm wondering why filename does not match up correctly and given this error!!!!
Is there anything with downloads! My file size showing 2.74 GB (2,949,932,507 bytes). Is that ok?

you need to change the that shows the file type if the file type is wrong you can change it make sure its a .tar file

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 353
Main files shows it has .7z extension. Now its clear to me. I have to change it to .tar. I thought the filename was already with .tar extension. Thanks @Nightmare. Maybe moddb change it to .7z or something like that. Thanks @Pieter.

ModDB still shows it as TAR.
Plenty people downloaded it and never reported a problem.

Back