• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Is This a Fight I Can Win?

DTScurvy

Landlubber
teho (1).png
teho (1).jpg
teho (3).jpg
teho (2).jpg

So, uh, how are my chances, lads? I'm not very familiar with this game's naval combat and am not sure to win when I don't have a clear statistical advantage. I haven't saved in awhile, so I'd appreciate some advice you could give for this encounter. Thanks in advance.

Hello.

Of course it is a complicated battle, your opponent is a brigantine with more crew and cannons. Besides, your crew is not very skilled in those tasks.

Since you are full of crew, you can try to take out shrapnel and board him when you remove most of his or take him near a fort to help or sink him directly ...

Good luck in the fight sailor:onya

View attachment 37165 View attachment 37164 View attachment 37166 View attachment 37167

So, uh, how are my chances, lads? I'm not very familiar with this game's naval combat and am not sure to win when I don't have a clear statistical advantage. I haven't saved in awhile, so I'd appreciate some advice you could give for this encounter. Thanks in advance.

"Never mind the maneuvers, just go straight at them"

~ Lord Nelson.

I had a similar battle once, I had a lugger "Adeline" and I was fighting a pirate brigantine (which are much stronger than the brigs)

What I did was to let the pirate chase me while i fired my chainshots to slow him down, then I switched to my grapeshots, raking him bow to stern, whilst being cautious to keep my distance. Of course, I saved many times.

Seeing as I was on a lugger (weaker than sloop) and captured a brigantine (stronger than brig) with 29 captives, you would fare bettter. Perhaps I replied to this abit late but I hope you have won this battle, if not, good luck! You can use my tactic above to fight larger ships in the future, although charging straight at them with 300 bloodthirsty rogues and an East Indiamen never gets old....haha:doff

Back