• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Is there a way to prevent the "player" profile from being created?

Hunter

Landlubber
Not exactly a "mod question" but then again here's a game where I have to edit raw code to do key bindings...

So, every time I die this "player" profile is created and it gets in my way, and before I learned how ruthless this game is, I managed to delete my own profile pressing enter after I deleted the empty "player" profile. It shouldn't even ask me about profiles if I didn't try to load one. What I mean is if there are two profiles, the game is going to ask me about profiles every time I die. Which can be a lot. If there is only one profile, I can just press enter to load the newest saved game.

My regular profile is "Hunter." I was desperate, and I moved my save files to "player" and deleted "Hunter" so I wouldn't have to deal with this. Well...the game helpfully created a "Hunter" folder and allowed me to save to the "player" profile. Great :rolleyes:

TBH I think profiles are one of the most useless game features...how about being able to name a saved game, that's enough.

Back