• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Is there a way to disable direct sail permanently?

Fluen

Freebooter
I don't use direct sail and am slowly going crazy from the situations, when I land right on the border between islands and get the "Sail ho" load screen, after which I wind up at a point very far away from my location before the screen.

Is there a way to disable direct sail? I have not found any in "InternalSettings".

Thank you! I later found the list of all the keys in the Documentation folder. Perhaps put that information in the game tips in the game itself? That's where I've been looking.

To add to this, since I'm pretty sure I know what island border is the most affected, you can alternatively enable OPEN_SEA_MOD to enlargen the map, which will guarantee you will never accidentally directsail.

To add to this, since I'm pretty sure I know what island border is the most affected, you can alternatively enable OPEN_SEA_MOD to enlargen the map, which will guarantee you will never accidentally directsail.
I still direct sail from time to time despite enabling that option.

Press the regular (non-numpad) zero-key on your keyboard.
That allows you to switch ON/OFF DirectSail at any time you wish.
Sorry for re-opening an old thread but the “0” key equips “fists” for me. Is there a new key for disabling direct sail?

Once you have pressed "0" at sea to disable directsail, you will keep getting messages on screen nagging you to put it back. To stop those, edit "PROGRAM\CCCdirectsail.c". Find this line:
Code:
if (ActualUpdate) LogIt(TranslateString("","Directsail toggled, press 0 to enable"));
Either delete it entirely or put // in front of it to comment it out.

Back