• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Is there a good way to level Leadership?

blackmane

Sailor Apprentice
The priest quests give you a small amount of Leadership and buying one of the nice ladys does so too, I noticed :D
But still, Leadership is by far my lowest stat and I would like to raise it a bit faster, how would I do that?

While searching the forum, I read that the dice player cheats on me? How is that? I sunk countless hours in this game and I never noticed. Where should I look? I want to gut one of those like a fish!

start 2013-03-25 06-26-19-76.jpg
start 2013-03-25 06-26-24-06.jpg
get the Bosun books
1. little red flag is +10
2. bigger red flag is +20
3. 3 red flags is +30
those help on raising your leadership as well as other books, such as navigation, grappling, comerce, stealth, and luck. (sry @ the moment i dont have #3)

I would add also that there is an option in Mod Options that allows you scale up or down how much help the books give you. For players that think its too much they can set it low. For players that want the full dose can set it high. I always set them high myself.

In GOF Eras, there are more actual items to be had that will raise leadership. I'm rather satisfied with the testing because over time as you find these items they really help in being able to recruit more crew and officers.

MK

I think there was a missunderstanding ^^ I want to level everything to 100 and all that is left is stealth which is at 62 thanks to my excessive smuggeling and leadership which is at 54. I want to raise those to get two more personal perks. I have all three books, I think the last one was the British Command Manual wich gave +30 to leadership. So i thought there would be a method to level Leadership a bit quicker. Like sacking cities or something. Something less boring than slaying skeletons for the priest.

Besides skeletons, accomplishing governor's quests and lots of ships to ship fights and successful boardings and seizure encounters are all I can tell you.

Anyone else? I haven't paid much attention to that one. I have noticed it takes a long time to get increased leadership which is one reason I made so many new items in my new mod that give you additional leadership ability.

MK

with the +30 bosum book, you go like from a 54 leadership to 100 in almost no time, like i said i dont use the books anymore except to sell. cuz your personal/ship specs once you reach 100 stops. im trying to get those for myself so i only have 3 fighters but no bosun, navigator, chief gunner, treasurer, doctor or carpenter on some of my characters when i play that way i can get all those specs.

I am rather tempted to fiddle with the AddCharacterExpToSkill(pchar, "Leadership") values in church and brothel :wp

Browsing through the files, I saw that donating to the beggar gives you also some leadership up to 100.000 pieces of eight, afterwards he calls you nuts :D
But all the skill boni are meager so the governor gives 100 for a mission which translates to a bost from 54 30% to 54 50%

Oh and shagging the barmaid gives loyality to your officers. What is with that? Do they like captains that can score with girls? :D Even the female officers, those are some dirty minded wenches :whipa

Back