• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Ironman infinite/loop Storm event bug, need help coding + Poseidon trident skill freezes game

Lrv

Sailor Apprentice
:ahoy

I'm playing on NH Maelstrom engine, and in Iron-man mode, when a storm starts in direct sail, it never finishes. The other issue is activating Poseidon trident skill, freezes the game.

From the help of @ChezJfrey and @Mirsaneli I've got these info:

-ChezJfrey about the poseidon skill freezing the game:

"In battle_interface, there is a while loop and my bet is that with all the changes to weather that are no longer like NH was, it is probably an infinite loop with the new weather scripts:

while(Whr_IsStorm())
{
SetNextWind(-1, 20);
SetNextWeather("Clear");
CreateWeatherEnvironment();
MoveWeatherToLayers(sNewExecuteLayer, sNewRealizeLayer);
}

An infinite loop would explain why it "freezes" "

-ChezJfrey about the Storm loops:

"The never-ending direct sail storms are completely different problem. That is likely in AIShip.c, where if the storm "lock" is ended, it enables fast-action for worldmap access. But for NH ironman mode, there is likely no script alternative to tell the weather to stop or change back."

"In AIShip, it would be inside function void Ship_CheckMainCharacter()
That is where they enable access to worldmap fast-action/icon if iStormLockSeconds reaches 0"

I'm no coder, just a player giving feedback, if someone could give a hand, would be really apreciated! :aar

Back