• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Intel Graphics Fix

Awesome mate, glad it's working for you, and thanks for letting us know! :onya

amplificar is working on a more permanent solution mate, but it is quite a nasty problem and it may take some time for a perfect fix. At least you can play it now without Swiftshader, even if there are a few minor graphics glitches.

Go ahead and try the Build Mod, it should work just fine. If your felling adventurous, you might try what is in THIS thread as well as it is related, but quite a bit more complicated.

Well, I don't think I should do any of these since I don't experience many crashes and my computer is very old with xp installed so not even compatibility mode is needed.

With the build mod i could only get the first of Amplificar's two patches to work, the second one caused instant crashes and generally the game didn't start! However if using vanilla POTC use the second patch as the sea graphics are much better then the cross hatching you get with the first!

Would it be possible to put the sea shaders of CoAS to PotC since these are not crashing the game on my computer?

Probably not; while the games are VERY similar, they're not similar enough for that. :modding

Ok! I 'll give it a shot then!

I have some questions though:
Yesterday I installed the Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full and allthough the game ran normally with the patch, I noticed that the sea.dll that the build mod had was 188 kb while the file of the stock and the patch were both 192. So, will the patch change more staff like wave motion etc than just the surface of the water?

The way I understand it, only the sea shaders are affected, nothing else should change, other than the minor graphics glitches.

HOLY CRAP!!! I have been try to get this game to work and play new horrizons... 3 years later 2 laptops.. do to downloading stuff claiming to fix the game. i stumbeld upon this 5 mins of fiddling with the sea files bamb.. golden the best. thank you man. You saved my laptop lol... this time from me aha..

Indeed it can. :onya
You can also find it by searching for all threads with the 'Solved' prefix, I think.

Just added a note next to the Swiftshader link. :onya

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its working!!!! thanx so much for this >>sea_gmafix_hq.7z ... its not laging anymore just the sea looks abit wierd but as long as its playable i am not complaining!!!! thanx so much guys!!!

That's good to hear! Thanks for confirming it works as intended as well. :doff

I'm intending to post this DLL file as Download on the ModDB with this screenshot to go with it:
1f0708a7.jpg
Anyone got any thoughts/comments on me doing this? Also, can we officially delete SwiftShader or do people reckon that also still has its place?

From reading posts by Intell users the best combination is what is in this thread and the heap corruption thread. Maybe they should go together.

Back