• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Installation problem

Devils_Lawyer

Landlubber
I searched the forum for this problem but couldnt find it.

I installed Potc and it worked fine.

Then i downloaded build mod 13 full and installed it.

Everything works fine until im trying to run the engine file, then i get the following message:

Runtime Error!

(name of location)

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the Application's support team for more information.

Now i read that when u do the file moving using the program that when it says cant find file its nothing to worry about.

But i kinda get it alot when i run it, it only moves 3 files.

Any ideas?

is the RunMe.bat file in the program folder of the game when you run it? (i made that mistake as well you know)

<!--quoteo(post=191562:date=Apr 26 2007, 08:22 PM:name=morgan terror)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morgan terror @ Apr 26 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]191562[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->searchways?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I dont know whats it called in english.

If u happen to be from Sweden u know what i talk about. (Sökvägen)

Dont really know how to explain it but apperently when u put the RunMe it in the Potc program map he apperently cant find the place hes searching for, the searchpath or whatever u call it.

what does it exactly say? if it can't find a few files after copying a lot of files, it's nothing to worry about. it can't find them because the program removed them earlier. does the game work again?

You downloaded the Build 13 Full installer file, right? The EXE file? That should work as far as I know. Try this: Download Build 12.1 and install that. Check if that works. If it does, install <i>Pre Build 13 Base</i> and <i>Build 13 Update 3 Full</i> from my website on top.

Ok i downloaded first the 12.1 and checked, it works fine.

Then i downloaded the other two but same things happens as whit the RunMe from the build 13.

I tried both from its original map, from the program map and from the main directory of Potc but then it only copied the files in the sounds map.

Ill see if i can translate this correct but here what happens after i accepted the RunMe and is about to press to start it:

Couldnt find searchpath (maybe 20 times)

Couldnt find the file - *.* (4 times)

Couldnt find searchpath (6 times)

Couldnt find file (1 time)

Couldnt find searchpath (6 times)

And then it says done all files copied and so on...

Hope u understand what i mean.

I can also add i only played build 12.1 a long time ago so im not that skilled when it comes to installing these things.

Back