• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Information aboute The New Pirate Age - Update! [WIP]

Can we only use the Maya Program to create and edit 3D Models or can we use a ather 3D Program - If yes which 3D Programm can we also use?
You can use whatever you want, but you need a program that can save a file that Maya can read.
The final export must be done through Maya because the export plugin only works in Maya.

Maya does seem to be the program of choice. But I don't have it and have made no attempt to do 3D modelling - all I do is retexture existing models and occasionally alter locators using TOOL.

Other modellers are unlikely to assist with this project so, once again, if you want anything done with Maya, you'll need to learn how to use it and then create the model yourself.

I have a Code question:

Gives Code which if Player use
For example:
If Player use Character „Shay Patrik comac“ then Quest Character „Shay Patrik Comac“ is not on hiS Quest Place, but on hiS ather Quest Place is Edward Kenway.

Give there a Code?

I have a Code question:

Gives Code which if Player use
For example:
If Player use Character „Shay Patrik comac“ then Quest Character „Shay Patrik Comac“ is not on hiS Quest Place, but on hiS ather Quest Place is Edward Kenway.

Give there a Code?

If I understand that correctly, there may be a character "Shay Patrik Comac" in the game. You can also choose to play "Shay Patrik Comac". If you do, the game character "Shay Patrik Comac" should be replaced by "Edward Kenway".

In "StartStoryline.c", you already have lines which check the player character's name and give the correct ship to the player, e.g.
Code:
if (GetMySimpleName(PChar) == "Jack Throne") GiveShip2Character(PChar,"CrimsonBlood","Jackdaw",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
Add this:
Code:
if(GetMySimpleName(PChar) == "Shay Patrik Comac") PChar.quest.other_guy = "Edward Kenway";
else PChar.quest.other_guy = "Shay Patrik Comac";
This sets up an attribute on the player character which notes the name of this other character. You will presumably also want to add a line to give the player a suitable ship, e.g.:
Code:
if(GetMySimpleName(PChar) == "Shay Patrik Comac") GiveShip2Character(PChar,"Brig_20_Gun1_181","Millennium Hand and Shrimp",-1,PIRATE,true,true);

Anywhere in "quests_reaction.c where you want to do something to "Shay Patrik Comac", do it to PChar.quest.other_guy instead. For example:
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID(PChar.quest.other_guy), "Oxbay_shore_02", "reload", "reload2_back");
Replace "Oxbay_shore_02", "reload" and "reload2_back" with the place and locator where you want to put either Shay Patrik Comac or Edward Kenway.

Ok
And if when like that
If Player is Edward Then Edward should disappear from Havanna Tavern but Shay should appear on Aruba.

And player are Shay then Shay should disappear from Aruba but Edward should appear in the Havanna Tavern.

That's a bit more complicated, but the same condition can be used:
Code:
if(GetMySimpleName(PChar) == "Shay Patrik Comac")
or
Code:
if(GetMySimpleName(PChar) == "Edward Kenway")
You can have both Shay and Edward placed by their definitions in the character file, and then use those conditions to make one of them disappear. Or you can leave their location out of the character files, then use those conditions to make one of them appear.

It's your storyline and your character, so it's up to you to decide how your characters should look.

GM Viewer doesn't work with character models. Animation View is the easiest to use, but doesn't work with some of the more complex models. TOOL will display any model but you first need to convert the model's texture files using TX Convertor because TOOL uses .tga files, not the .tga.tx files used by the game.

GM Viewer doesn't work with character models. Animation View is the easiest to use, but doesn't work with some of the more complex models. TOOL will display any model but you first need to convert the model's texture files using TX Convertor because TOOL uses .tga files, not the .tga.tx files used by the game.
Very true. But GM Viewer does work on character models in earlier Windows versions for some reason.
Nobody seems to know what changed, but the GM Viewer itself didn't.

@Grey Roger
I have a little Character Texture Problem, I need some little help!
I like to add to me Characters speziell Textures, i Upload maybe today or tomorrow
In my Dropbox the basic and the showing Pic.

I hope you understand stand what I mean

Edit:
Now you can see the files in me Dropbox
Dropbox - Preview

Last edited:
I am not sure what the problem is. You already know how to use TX Convertor to convert files between .tga.tx format which the game uses, and .tga format which you can edit with Photoshop. Beyond that, it's just a matter of using Photoshop to edit the .tga file, then using TOOL to view the figure. If it doesn't look right, do some more work with Photoshop.

You want to change the colour of the coat? Use Photoshop's Polygonal Lasso Tool to select all parts of the file which contribute to the coat, copy and paste them to a new layer so you can work on it but be able to change it back if it doesn't look right, and then use a combination of Levels, Color Balance and Hue/Saturation to change the coat colour.

You want the kite-shape piece on the back of the coat? Create a new layer, draw the kite shape, position it onto the coat. Save the result as a .tga file, use TOOL to view the figure, and if the kite shape is not the right shape or right size, change it and try again.

Back