• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Improvements to Smuggling Patrol Schedule

jsv

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Hi everyone,
After quite a while I'm starting to play PotC again, so I've installed the latest WIP and having fun with it. Yo ho! A buggy life for me. Here is my brief but entertaining experience with the new smuggling system.

On my way to St. Martin I've found some sandal floating in the ocean and trying to sell it on Guadalupe. I bribe a guard who tells me there is a window in patrols from 7:35 to 8:34, so at about 7:40 I drop anchor at Anse Casse-Bois. I sell my sandal, refuse to sell my cotton, and get caught by a patrol. A fight ensues, the patrol is wiped out and I from one of the corpses I borrow the actual schedule. And it looks ... a bit strange:
schedule.jpg
Those Frenchmen :shrug

Hmmm.....this shouldn't be happening... Will look at this soon.

@jsv it would help me if you got a savegame, doesn't matter when. just not to far from when you smuggled (can also be after I need to check some island properties).

Attached.
A quicksave is the night before, and the regular save is just after the fight.

Attachments

• smuggling.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
This here looks quite unnatural to me:
upload_2016-1-3_22-25-33.png

So I'd propose the following change:
Code:
string GetPatrolText(ref sisland)
{
   //This function returns a text describing the patrols on the island.
   aref patrols;
   makearef(patrols,sisland.smuggling.patrol);
   int amountpatrols = GetAttributesNum(patrols);
   string text = "";
   //Loop trough all patrols and make a nice text.
   for(int i = 0; i < amountpatrols; i++)
   {
     string patrol = GetAttributeName(GetAttributeN(patrols,i));
     string start = GetTimeText(stf(sisland.smuggling.patrol.(patrol).start));
     string end = GetTimeText(stf(sisland.smuggling.patrol.(patrol).end));
     if (sti(sisland.smuggling.patrol.(patrol).groups) == 0) // PB: Don't mention the groups for breaks
       text += sisland.smuggling.patrol.(patrol).name+" from "+start+" till "+end + GlobalStringConvert("newline");
     else
       text += sisland.smuggling.patrol.(patrol).name+" from "+start+" till "+end+" with "+sisland.smuggling.patrol.(patrol).groups+" groups" + GlobalStringConvert("newline");
   }
   return text;
}

I also noticed that I cannot Toss the Patrol Schedule, but I thought that was the whole point of that button being added in the first place.
Probably this is because the "price = 0" on them. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Hmmm what is it you are sugesting to change?
I don't see the change..
The book should be tossable indeed.
The price=0 was added later. We can just add a price to the book and set it to skipsell so it wont be sellable but you can still toss it.
Will change that.

Hmmm what is it you are sugesting to change?
I don't see the change..
Sorry, I ended up posting the wrong section of code. Post above edited now.
That seems to work nicely. :doff

The book should be tossable indeed.
The price=0 was added later. We can just add a price to the book and set it to skipsell so it wont be sellable but you can still toss it.
Will change that.
Sounds like a plan! :cheers

Yeah sure that change is okay with me :).

Will change that.
This would still need to be done; everything else seems to be OK. :doff

I can confirm this isn't working in the latest release, made a fix now so in the next update it will (was able to test it now).

I can confirm this isn't working in the latest release, made a fix now so in the next update it will (was able to test it now).
Which part isn't working? The "Tossing books"? Or the timings for the smuggling patrols?

Back