• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Improvement of the HMS Victory.

Oh, really? Nvm. Are you back home? or are you still at sea?

Armada, it was my idea yes, but you made it reality. You're given the credit :cheers . I didn't comment on the lines on the sails, I complained =D. Anyways Armada, maybe you could make a blue/yellow texture for the Endeavour? The difference between Endeavour and Dauntless is Endeavours 6 more guns and a more yellow Transom. There's a pic in my post above =)

I'm not complaining about the nameplates. Or anything else involved here! :razz
No worries there, then. :dance

Armada, it was my idea yes, but you made it reality. You're given the credit :cheers .
If you insist. :cheeky

Anyways Armada, maybe you could make a blue/yellow texture for the Endeavour?
You mean as a generic model? That's easy, I can just make a copy of her to use the Dauntless texture, minus the nameplate.

Note that while more models is good in one way, we DO still have the intention of REMOVING a bunch.
So I'm not sure to what extent we'll be wanting to add more textures of the same ships.
Though I supposed we could take the old Endeavour-based models and remove them from the game altogether to compensate.

You mean as a generic model?

Actually, err....no. Since we have you making a Blue/Yellow Dauntless texture with Nameplate, why not do the same for Endeavour? I mean in the REAL Age of Sail, there was NO WAY other than your spyglass that you were able to tell which ship your fighting other than looking at the nameplate. Unique versions aren't that bad as Pieter put it in previous threads :razz

I know, Pieter, that the problem is making it encounterable. The Victory1 has 2 versions, don' it? A Unique and Generic version. Why not do the same for Dauntless and Endeavour? Make 2 textures and make it interchangeable in the shipyard interface.

Though I supposed we could take the old Endeavour-based models and remove them from the game altogether to compensate.
Aye, but then we lose our only naval 2nd Rates. To truly remove them, they need replacements of approximately 90 guns to compensate. :facepalm
Otherwise, the class gap is quite significant, from 3rd Rate Bellona's 86 guns to 1st rate Dauntless' 102.
I guess we could upgrade Bellona to 2nd Rate status, but that's going against her 3rd Rate design.
Even then, she only has one texture in PotC, whereas the old Endeavour models catered for every nation.

Since we have you making a Blue/Yellow Dauntless texture with Nameplate, why not do the same for Endeavour?
My question is: Is it really worth it?
The difference between the ships is 6 cannons and 40 crew. For a 1st Rate vessel, that difference is negligible, surely?
From a distance, these two ships look identical, but one's blue and one's black. So why make a second version of one ship, using the other's texture?
Aside from that, making extra versions of these for encounters is being unfairly kind to the Royal Navy. The other nations don't get them.
That's not ruling out the idea, but it's some food for thought.

The ultimate solution would be for every ship to somehow have a nameplate coded to display its name, for randomly encountered ones and also the player's chosen name.
But I think I'm dreaming a bit too much... :rolleyes:

The Victory1 has 2 versions, don' it? A Unique and Generic version.
Well, not in-game. The 'unique' named version is sat in dry dock awaiting commission.
In other words, she's sat in a folder on my PC, and the code is commented out, because there is no quest involving her. :(

I'm using GOF 1.1 and i have the HMS Victory as one of my ships but it doesn't have that name plate on the back of the stern as in the pictures in the first post. Any idea?

Uh guys, can anyone help? In the video in the first post of pgargon's HMS Victory it does have the nameplate on the stern, so do the HMS Daunless and HMS Endeavour and i assume the GOF 1.1 i'm using uses these models too. So the only prolbem is that in game i got the ships but none of them have the nameplate on the stern. So if anyone here has the stern.tga.tx file for the Endeavour and VIctory please post a link or something, guess i can edit the file a bit and port them to my files.
PS: It'd be great if any modeler here can retexture the color on deck the Victory, Endeavour and Dauntless as they aren't accarate based on the ones in the movie and in real life.
Thanks!

Hieyy guys.. what wonderful ships you guys making, i jus wondering how to use them in the game.. sorry for ask some fools question since i'm not one of computer brilliant here.. huuhh :shrug

That's the movie Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl .

Ah OK Thanks! I dont remember this Scene :O

It is the scene early in the film where they climb up the stern of the Dauntless, disable the rudder chain, then make their escape on the Interceptor instead.
It is right after Jack and Will happily defy physics when walking over the bottom of the sea in their upside-down rowboat. :cheeky

Back