• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for the future!

what do you think about that pirate flag to designand and fight with other pirates for the title of King of pirates pirates that sailed under their flag and who is best decided by the amount per head from the pirate would What greater reward for us that the ships and enemies potęrzniejsze ścigajcy us headhunters and defined which countries' fleets sorry for english but a use a translator

can u guys add the feature like aop1 secrets of far seas to create colonies on deserted islands??? i hope this can be on next version of gof.

this is for the POTC build mod, not gentlemen of fortune for COAS, there is already a similar and incomplete feature in the build mod, but it sounds like a cool idea! :)

Greetings! I hear rumors that you're in development of a possible Pirates of the Caribbean Client which enables you to play POTC online? Is that correct?

Uhm... unfortunately no. That's something we're definitely not going to manage on PotC and even for CoAS, for which we have the source code, it's a long shot at best.

We've had people on here that probably could, (so they say), do, and etc., an online client using the source code for COAS, but unfortunately they disapear as quick as they turn up:rumgone.

That's the main reason for not giving the source code out which has been entrusted to us.

For CoAS, it should be possible. Voyage Century Online is an online RPG that uses the Storm 2 engine, so it is not without precedent.
Of course it would require professional coders who know what they're doing and they're very rare in these waters.

We have one who's stretched to his limit now......Pirate KK.

To his limit and beyond, I'd say. :(

(Not INTENTIONALLY, I might add! :eek:hh )

(Edit: And that's another missing smiley, my dear old shouting pirate)

How much access to the background of the game did they have to make that work? I reckon a fair bit more than we'd need.

If you are willing to show efforts and work hard for it, then we will accomplish this. As I'm playing SA:MP myself and I am partially scripting there with a know script coding program named PAWNO, then I think we can solve this.

Also, as I've stated above, I'm just a regular scripter there. If you would possibly need help then you can contact IV:MP Developing crew & SA:MP Developing crew. I recommend SA:MP Developers as they've reached much longer in the versions and features with their clients compared to IV:MP.

IV:MP is Grand Theft Auto: IV - Multiplayer, which was released in 2008. GTA San Andreas was released in 2004, if I'm not wrong, and the SA:MP Client was first shown in late 2005/early 2006. The newest version of SA:MP is 0.3e.

I am also very interested in a possible assist of development for PotC:MP.

Read THIS to find out how they created the SA-MP Client for Multiplayer.

How can we create a Multiplayer client for PotC? Easy? Hell no, it demands efforts and positive results. You need to understand different kind of coding languages. This includes Multiplayer Game Engine, programming, memory hacking and injection to control the game.

For programming I recommend C++
and I recommend RakNet as Multiplayer Game Engine.

You are by far the most knowledgeable person here in regards to programming this. Methinks you just elected yourself to do it.

Of course, I am willing to put efforts in it, but I'll need assistance. I barely know C++ and Raknet. I only know them from SA-MP, but if everyone here are willing to learn, then why not?

How about with a display of when enough weapons are in the weapons locker.
I have a crew of 700 and more than 2000 weapons on board but nowhere can really see that.

i liked build 13 looting system, in boarding corpse didn't block the way, in land they did that. btw i guess its impossible to move EVERY item in looting (probably because of ammo mod?).

difficulty and skills: what the? man why should i increase difficulty when i get more skill point in lower difficulty? i was going to say increase the sailing experience gain but when i decreased my difficultly from swashbuckler to lowest possible, i got a lot of sailing skills, it should be like this, in lowest difficulty you get lowest skill point since everything is easier, the strom don't damage your ship that much, the enemy don't kill you in 1 hit, in highest difficulty you get more skills and more items, no pain no gain right matey?

again auto skill, all experiences are very very very low, in comparison with buying and selling :|, just buy a load of 1 million worth gold and you get a lvl or two, fight 250,000 people and you get almost nothing. in first case you can sell them in wilsholm and get more wealth too.

fast travel/go to:man when you have the island map why you should not be able to auto sail to shores? what's their use? as much as i know maps are supper accurate so you can tell one of your officer and say follow this, in town you can tip a boy to show you any place its not realistic at all, specially when there is not a option to disable this effect :S. ;what i suggest: tavern should be added in every town without even finding them/ finding maps of islands should be harder but when you find a map of island you don't need to sail to every port, its very annoying. remember real sailor know where they could, land they shouldn't close to shore to see if their anchor picture come or not, we simple people who try to use realistic sailing should be very close to land to see if the anchor picture shows up or not, since wind is not nice most of the time you are always sitting on your ace.( if i could tell there is a port/shore without moving too close to the land i didn't need this, but we all know how hard it is to find winhelm if its your first time:S)

You can switch to the old Build looting system: just switch on Auto Loot.

Back