• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for the future!

@ all: I woudl be happy if anyone can change the fisherman1 Model to the Charakter "Monkey D. Luffy"
changing Things:
* Cop, Vest, Trouser <- Colore
* Face Texture

@Grey Roger: The Ship is ok! :D

It's no more than what I did for the Cossack. ;) And so, here it is.
@pirateking: Download and extract this ZIP file, then copy the whole lot to your POTC installation folder. The folder structure should be the same as that used by the game installation, so you should be asked if you want to merge "PROGRAM" with the existing one - you do. The same goes for "RESOURCE". If you do the copying correctly, then start a new game and choose the "Free Play" storyline, you can click on the character to choose someone to play. Among the choices:
character_select.jpg

Once the game is started, pressing F2 should show this:
character_interface.jpg

"Choose Outfit":
outfit_select.jpg

Ship:
ship_interface.jpg

And this is you:
pirate_port.jpg

Changing the colours of the jacket and trousers was easy. But a face transplant is out, for several reasons. For one, changing the skin tone of the imported face to match the rest of the model isn't so easy. Also, what you see in the texture file is not necessarily what you'll see on the actual character because the face may be distorted. Think of the texture as a rubber sheet from which pieces are cut and then stretched or bent to fit onto the model. But the real stopper is the eyes. The game engine draws the eyes itself, and if the eyes as shown in the texture file don't match the size, shape and location of the eyes drawn by the game, they're going to look weird. Large anime-style eyes are never going to work!

But in case you want to try playing with the texture yourself, you can find "RESOURCE\Textures\Characters\fisherman2.tga" included in the pack. If you have Photoshop, Gimp or any other picture-editing software which can handle .tga files, you can do what you want to the face. You'll then need to use TX Convertor to convert "fisherman2.tga" to "fisherman2.tga.tx", the type of file which the game uses. You can get TX Convertor here:
http://www.piratesahoy.cloud/repository/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/TX Convertor.zip

Also included are a couple of other texture files which are nothing to do with Monkey D. Luffy. To test this, I had to add your character to the model definition file which I'm using, which has a couple of other character models, which meant their model and texture files also needed to go in.

Attachments

• PirateKing.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
@Pieter Boelen: do you want this character added to the game permanently? I'd say yes, partly because he's probably no less realistic than the Cossack, and partly because precedent for a cartoon character has already been set by Captain Hadoque.

@Pieter Boelen: do you want this character added to the game permanently? I'd say yes, partly because he's probably no less realistic than the Cossack, and partly because precedent for a cartoon character has already been set by Captain Hadoque.
He exists now; he might as well be part of the modpack. Maybe he doesn't need to be part of the highest "Fame Level" though.
Then he won't apear in the default line-up of characters, but you can still find him by changing your filter settings.
This is what I did for "my own" character as well.

OK, I'll comment out the "storyline" lines so that he'll appear among the "Named" characters, not the "Specific" types. And then all the relevant files can go into the post 7th January archive.

OK, I'll comment out the "storyline" lines so that he'll appear among the "Named" characters, not the "Specific" types. And then all the relevant files can go into the post 7th January archive.
Yep, sounds good!

If I recall, you can keep either the "storyline title" or the "storyline description" and he'll still show under "Named" instead of "Specific".
Can't remember the specifics of that; if you want an example, have a look at "Josiah Peabody".

@Grey Roger : I have a Question to you!
Is it possible that you can also a Sword/Blade add to the Mod witcht can only
buy in the Pirate Stores.

The Sword is that i miss is the Japan claymore Blade from the AOP2: GOF!

It would be great is you can make this.

I'm not sure how to do that. Someone else may be able to help, especially if you include a working link to the sword. ("Japanese claymore" is a contradiction anyway. "Claymore" is British, specifically Scottish. It comes from the Gaelic "claidheamh-mòr", meaning "great sword". A Japanese claymore makes about as much sense as an English katana. xD)

Meanwhile, here's a revised version of the texture file, with yellow belt, lighter hat and red hat band. Previously I thought the hat band was getting its colour from the belt. (Some other character models do that sort of thing, e.g. a female model may get the texture for her headband from an area of her skirt.) But when I changed the belt, the hat band stayed brown, which meant it had to be getting its colour from somewhere else. I found a small patch of brown, turned it red, and that did indeed make the hat band red.

Attachments

• fisherman2.tga.tx.zip
    113.6 KB · Views: 73
I'm not sure how to do that. Someone else may be able to help, especially if you include a working link to the sword. ("Japanese claymore" is a contradiction anyway. "Claymore" is British, specifically Scottish. It comes from the Gaelic "claidheamh-mòr", meaning "great sword". A Japanese claymore makes about as much sense as an English katana. xD)
:rofl :rofl :rofl

@all First the Pirate Frigate looks very nice.
But i think the ship would be better both Side has full Cannon, not
one Side full and they ather side only one Cannon!

@all First the Pirate Frigate looks very nice.
But i think the ship would be better both Side has full Cannon, not
one Side full and they ather side only one Cannon!
I'm really failing to understand you there. Screenshot?

@ all: I have some Request.
First all Ships Type are good and cool.
But i only miss Frigate Ship Model from AOP2:GOF - Maybe i havent seen it.

It would be nice maybe you can add this ship Model from he Frigate ship to the
next POTC:NH update or in the next Beta.

CU!

But i only miss Frigate Ship Model from AOP2:GOF - Maybe i havent seen it.
Why do we want that? Especially when it comes to frigates, we have LOTS of different ones in the game.
Most of them far higher detail than anything in AoP/CoAS.

It would be nice maybe you can add this ship Model from he Frigate ship to the
next POTC:NH update or in the next Beta.
Ship porting is also fairly straightforward. With a bit of guidance, it is something that pretty much anyone can do it.
So if you want it, my recommendation is very simple: Make it happen! :cheers

Ok, it was just a suggestion of mine.
Is it easy to close?

Here is another suggestion for the future (no one just needs an idea that would be cool), it is not many-way it has already been implemented:
If it were in the Freeplay mode on all selectable character would push,
And who, depending on the relationship as a counterpart or as an enemy, furthermore, if you meet them in the tavern you can ask them for an alliance.

Suggestion: You could perhaps add this to the install mod as an option
As an extended free play mode.

Ok, it was just a suggestion of mine.
Is it easy to close?

Here is another suggestion for the future (no one just needs an idea that would be cool), it is not many-way it has already been implemented:
If it were in the Freeplay mode on all selectable character would push,
And who, depending on the relationship as a counterpart or as an enemy, furthermore, if you meet them in the tavern you can ask them for an alliance.

Suggestion: You could perhaps add this to the install mod as an option
As an extended free play mode.
What is your first language and are you using a translation service of some kind?
I find it quite difficult to understand exactly what you mean. :oops:

Taking a ship from AoP/CoAS to PotC is relatively easy.

There are already many hireable officers in taverns.
If you want them to look like existing free play characters, you can buy their outfits and rename them.
Easy enough. :doff

Back