• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for the future!

Well, I'm not sure if that's a good place, but I have some (silly) idea for a short quest (inspired on events from real life).

At some point the main character would find a character (let's name him Wasakovsky) who would be hurriedly searching the Caribbean for the island San Escobar. He would need to reach its capital, Santo Subito, in order to form a consulate and trading outpost between San Escobar and Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The main character would ridicule him at first, but some time after that, during a sailing in a dense fog, it would turn out that he reaches that land and indeed moors in Santo Subito. He learns there, that local population is eagerly awayting Wasakowsky's arrival and even are building a embassy for Polish-Lithanian Commonwealth. After learning that, main character quickly finds Wasakowsky and takes him to his destination. Unfortunately, he wasn't discreet enough and en route he must defeat the whole Spanish armada, because Spaniards decided to stole lucrative business contracts from poor Poland.
Of course, with some imagination, one would also add more quests, involving other towns of this country: Ciudad Polaca and Al Pacino, for instance.

Best Regards,
pirate_kk

Interesting idea, and I think I know the inspiration for it.

Unless you plan on creating your own island, you'd need to rename an existing one within your storyline. It would have to be a storyline; this is never going to work as a sidequest, as other sidequests are likely to expect the island to have its original name. We don't have St. Kitts, one half of "San Cristobal y Nieves", in the game. But the other half is Nevis, which we do have, so that may be a suitable place to use.

If you do try to write the story, I believe this may be of some use:
san_escobar.jpg

It's possible to add fake "quest only" Islands to the game.
Isla de Muerta is the most fancy example.

You mean the cargo goods? Yes, it can but somebody would need to code that in.
Unfortunately that would need to be done in several individual spots in the code, but it should in theory not be too hard.
I would very much like someone to do that, because it does make a lot of sense. :onya

I would like to see, after sinking all enemy ships in a sea battle, that you can board friendly nation ships that have previously surrendered (not to you) so that they can resume their voyage - the surrendered Captain could give a reward for the rescue.
Seems a waste to leave surrendered ships and I don't like flying a pirate flag to do it. Currently, the ships just stay where they were until you exit the location.

At the moment, you can only board ships that surrendered to you personally.
But not if they surrendered to an NPC, because that doesn't really involve the player.

I'm not so sure that the game distinguishes between a ship which surrendered to you and a ship which surrendered to an NPC. An enemy ship which has surrendered is fair game for boarding, regardless of why it surrendered. The most blatant example is if I've fast-sailed to port, found an enemy ship being shot to pieces by the fort, sat back and watched without doing anything myself, and the ship surrendered. Then I went and boarded it. Less obvious is if I've started from worldmap, joined a battle between a friendly group and a hostile group, and an enemy ship which is nowhere near me surrenders. Once the battle is over, or if I happen to go near it during the course of the battle, I can board it.

But you certainly can't board a surrendered friendly ship. PoTC has no mechanism for interacting with friendly vessels. (AoP did. You could hail a friendly ship and then exchange news or trade goods. I wonder if that could be imported into PoTC?)

I'm not so sure that the game distinguishes between a ship which surrendered to you and a ship which surrendered to an NPC. An enemy ship which has surrendered is fair game for boarding, regardless of why it surrendered.
Exactly: An enemy ship that surrendered is fair game. But a friendly ship isn't.
That's what I meant.

PoTC has no mechanism for interacting with friendly vessels. (AoP did. You could hail a friendly ship and then exchange news or trade goods. I wonder if that could be imported into PoTC?)
We might be further on that than you think! See here for details:
Planned Feature - Friendly Contact on High Seas | PiratesAhoy!

Hello POTC:NH Mooder!

Me Idee for the Future or maybe for the 4.1 update is:
First i must see am a big Fan of the Anime series: One Piece.
The Idea is: It would we very cool if you can creat this Main Charakter:
* Monkey D. Ruffy <- Playabel Charakter
Person you can we find on Pirate Islands
* Lorenor Zorro
Nami (navigator)
Lysop(carpenter, Canonnier)
Sanji
Nico Robin

What did you mean?

CU
PirateKing

The easiest way to do this is by starting a Free Play game. You can choose any of the character models available in the game, so pick one which looks a bit like Monkey D. Raffy. You can choose your character's name, and pretty well anything else about the character as well. So change your name to "Monkey D. Raffy" and you're ready to go.

See if you can find "fisherman1" when picking the model for your character. This guy uses that model:
all_your_bass1.jpg
That's probably as close as you're going to get to Monkey.

Setting up other characters is harder. The easiest way is to recruit any officer you can find and rename him to one of your "One Piece characters" - for example, find any carpenter and rename him "Lysop". Then look in tailors' shops for an outfit which looks a bit like the character.

@Pieter Boelen : Thats the Probleme. I can't doe that and i have no Time. Its only a Idea from me.
I hope anyone will that makr.
I was afraid of that.
The REALLY problem is that we have absolutely no need for ideas.
What we do need is people to actually make ideas a reality.
This can be as simple as "confirming that attempted fixes actually work".
But without people to convert ideas to reality, all random ideas are doomed to Davy Jones' Locker.

Oh yes i know that Problem.
I have that people Problem in me ather Game Idea Projekt,
people say: "Oh yes great idea" but no one wanted to help me with the project, and so with the whole work remained attached to me.
I am still working on the project.

But i think me POTC Mod would be cool and good .
How makes all the Mod updates, can not make this people
the Idea Works?

PS: Or maybe someone can change a Charakter Texture to Monky D. Ruffy Texture!

Last edited:
Your English is virtually incomprehensible there.

We have far more important ideas on our Wish List than just "adding more characters".
So if we do get to implementing ideas, what you suggest would be very low priority.
Of course we're always willing to support you in doing it yourself.

It occurs to me that this wouldn't be all that hard - I added the Cossack character in response to a similar request.

@pirateking: do you have a picture of Monkey D. Ruffy which could be used as the picture you see in the "Character" screen (when you press F2 in the game)? Your profile picture would do, but I'd need a larger version, size 256x256.

What sort of ship does he sail?

A full galleon is too big for a character at the start of a game. You would have serious trouble controlling it. I think a smaller ship would be a better idea. If we make this early in Monkey's story then we can give him the Going Merry, for which I'd want something small, with two masts and at least some square sails. This looks reasonable, probably nothing like any ship in the anime series but about right in size and ability.
brigroyal.jpg

Back