• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for a better Adventurer Experience

JamieK

Landlubber
Hiya,

I have been trying repeatedly to play the Adventurer Campaign with little to no success, due to lack of gold, which makes me think the adventurer campaign was just put in at the last minute with little to no thought in the matter.

I am sure the developers never look on forums about their games, but some people have got to hope...right?

Here is what i suggest to make a combat career more viable without the need of some severe trading backing to fund it.

1) Fine tune the combat system to make it feel like it was meant to be in this game, instead of slapped on it in the last second.

2) More Helpful information on Pirate Locations, its next to impossible to find them, while they have no trouble finding you.

3) Letter of Marque or whatever needs to be available at all times without a need for a certain reputation, that would allow combat very quickly.

4) For the pirate wannabes, make it possible to found our own little base, all we need is to get all the building materials and use that to build a little outpost for stashing our loot that is gained from piracy and it gets sold by you to different cities.

5) Make it so that when you attack a convoy in the open sea that it doesn't magically cause a reduction in reputation with all nations in the game, i mean, how would they know? have they got radios? or subspace communication? (not sure how all the nations would know immediately of your attacking, please explain)

6) More Combat specific missions, like stolen cargo by other nations where you can attack that specific ship, board it and bring it back to the mission giver town and be rewarded for it and not have it count as piracy.

What do you guys think?

The biggest problem I can see is that there is very little different between port royale 2 and port royale 3, other than game engine. I'd almost suggest that having these different "playing styles" is just a gimmick as you could do both in PR2 in free play mode anyway.

I've always thought the Prates! style of gameplay was the best. Basically it's about conquest of the Caribbean in any way that suits you. The great thing about PR was that you could do that as well as have a trading game. But as Ascaron did Kalypso are just rehashing games that made a few bucks previously.

I agree about being a pirate, you do get shafted, even if they made it so a Pirate could be it's own country (ie. capture a town an just call it a pirate town)

Maybe if enough people ask for it, they might make it more easier to be a pirate or even make the adventurer campaign more about combat and much less about trading, where you make more profit via combat or even better, make it far more easier to find pirate convoys and hideouts.

Never played it to be honest, i originally got into these types of games, when i played the original Pirates!

Well Port Royale for me = tedious and more eye candy than game content/strategy. My Fav game was Pirates the first one on flopy disk, Sid mier's is just a watered down version of that

yeah, those were the good old days. :)

Now-a-days, its more about complexity and challenge that make the game fun for most people, instead of content and gameplay.

I think to make the game better you need a more user friendly interface with information tabs and more of a simpler auto trade and things of that nature. A larger economy guide with details and more input from game. Better ships and what not to!

I am thinking the game would be far better if the combat was more actiony, like pirates!....minus the whole annoying wind thing anyway, while leaving the trading as is and putting in a more pirate activities thing for thosae that either want to be a pirate and not get severely shafted and for those that want to hunt them down for gold.

Lol wind is very important sail wise though, never had combat yet. My fav Naval Experience was on Napoleon Total War

I am not one for realism in games, i mean, sure if you get headshotted in a fps, you should die or something like that, but the stuff like wind speed and stuff are not that important to me, maybe an option.

Back