• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How were .dll MODULES modified for New Horizons?

Kahenraz

Landlubber
I'm making my own modifications and I came access this line in init_pc.c:

Code:
objControlsState.key_codes.VK_MBUTTON.img = "_";//MAXIMUS: picture added into pc_keyboard

This appears to suggest that images are contained in MODULES/PC_CONTROLS.dll. I also noticed that all of the files in this folder differ between stock and the New Horizons mod.

How were these files modified? Does this mod project have source code available for Pirates of the Caribbean?

I'm working on my own mod and I'm merging a subset of changes from New Horizons into mine. I came across this line while reimplementing F12 console.c execution functionality.

This appears to suggest that images are contained in MODULES/PC_CONTROLS.dll.
As far as I'm aware, keyboard buttons and fonts are in RESOURCE\Textures\FONTS as texture files.

I also noticed that all of the files in this folder differ between stock and the New Horizons mod.

How were these files modified?
There were several different language releases; and some worked better than others.
Eventually we discovered the European release of the game worked much better in general, so we included all MODULES files from that release in New Horizons.
That solved a lot of issues people were having.

This could explain why you see differences between your original files and the ones from the mod.
But we never really made any modifications to them ourselves.

(Only exceptions are some HEX-edited extra files that @konradk added for some cool added functionality.)

Does this mod project have source code available for Pirates of the Caribbean?
Unfortunately, no... :(

I'm working on my own mod and I'm merging a subset of changes from New Horizons into mine.
Could you give us a spoiler on what you're up to?
You've got me curious now! :cheers

Back