• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How to start side quests "Dangerous Goods" and "My Boss wants a Ship"?

TheBlackKnight

Corsaire Flibustier
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
After my major ordeal with "Long Way to the Gallows" (with its quest breaking choices), I finally am reaching a point in the game where I have completed most of the major NAMED side quests, governor missions, damsels, duels, brothel quests, rings, tools, pirates, documents, courier jos, ship recoveries, hot raids, etc.

I wanted to finish the major quests before I moved back into the "Pirate Saga" after "Flying the Jolly Roger", "Dutch Gambit", and "Final Lesson". I may leave "The Caleuche" until last, I have not decided yet.

I looked through Steam and these forums, and I cannot seem to find a clear answer on how to start these two side quests:

Dangerous Goods
My Boss wants a Ship

I know "My Boss wants a Ship" is tied to the pirate settlement on Isla Tesoro (I believe), but the governor door is locked.
Shipyard does not have a option to discuss any type of missions.
I have no idea where "Dangerous Goods" is given at all.

All help is thanked in advance, but I would appreciate specifics rather than any cryptic clues.

EDIT: I figured out "My Boss wants a ship", this tied through the "Pirate Saga" so it is not available until after you have the coordinates for the Isle of Justice and the sextant from Dios in Santo Domingo.

Last edited:
Dangerous Cargo will be startet by the prisonwarden of Cumana but your reputation must be at least `Famous Hidalgo´ or he will not trust you in being honest with him.

My Boss wants a Ship will be startet by Master Alexis (the shipyard owner of Sharptown) but for that you must bring him the broken sextant from Jose Dios in Santo Domingo and Jose will only give it to you as a present if you give him the sailing coordinates document from the Island of Justice.
You should know that if you give him this document, you will never be able to return to the Island of Justice again. If that is ok for you, then go ahead.

Last edited:
I am a "Famous Saint", but there is no dialogue text in the prison while talking to the warden in Cumana. Is this the correct city? However, I am hostile with the Spanish presently. Does the national reputation needed to be neutral or above?

Last edited:
The city is correct but i don´t know if it´s a problem to be hostile with spain cause i never paid attention to that. You should better ask this question in the steam forum. They should know it.

Last edited:
I figured it out through the Russian forums.
"Dangerous Goods" is not started through the Cumana Prison Warden, but the Fort Commandant.
Good stealth skill is also required.

Thanks for the information. I have confound prison and fort because i was playing that sidequest 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Back