• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to extract 3D models from the game?

There is no such directory...
I just wounder how to extract things from those .pig files in the "piggs"

What do you need them for, if I may ask?
I just want to make my character pose-able in other programs

Concerning the games "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Age of Pirates: City of Abandoned Ships".

I am sorry, but I do not believe there are such files in the game directories. The 3D models of characters, ships and houses in the described directory are all in the .gm format.

For the PotBS, the models are under strict copyright and you are not allowed to use them.

In the booklet of the game are such ships that .... If they allow some day free moddability I would like to see some in AoP2

Concerning the games "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Age of Pirates: City of Abandoned Ships".

I am sorry, but I do not believe there are such files in the game directories. The 3D models of characters, ships and houses in the described directory are all in the .gm format.

For the PotBS, the models are under strict copyright and you are not allowed to use them.
there's program called GM viewer, hope this thread is actual...
just took Flying Dutchman model right now from it

LOL this thread is ancient.
Flying Labs Software is no more (closed 2012) and Sony Online Entertainment is no longer distributing it.
PotBS is now free-to-play, running on only 2 servers. It is owned by Portalus Games, founded by workers from ex-FLS.
The game is still in development by the original content creators - I am sure they will recognize their own models in a heartbeat.

I have no say anymore in these matters. Can't tell you what to do or not to do xD
At worst, they will find their model in New Horizons but since you are not making profits on their work, I doubt they will sue you.
At best, they will never know and you will have no problems.

Long time no see, @Peter Willemoes! :cheers

I don't think there is any need to commandeer any models from PotBS.
Several of them were already donated to us.
The ones that weren't would require time-confining conversion at least.
Probably nobody is going to make that happen, which is fine by me.
We've got plenty of other models already. :cheeky

Back