• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to delete a profile?

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I normally only play one player at a time, and delete the old profile when I start a new game.

This time it did not go according to plan. The old profile is still there. I deleted all of the saves and their folder and it keeps coming back, although it is empty. I have deleted the old player many times but he keeps coming back.

Where is the player information stored so I can delete that profile manually?

There is an entry there. I deleted it and now it might work.

Well, that profile is gone but the profile menu still pops up and I have to manually select the only one there at every startup.

Last edited:
I normally only play one player at a time, and delete the old profile when I start a new game.

This time it did not go according to plan. The old profile is still there. I deleted all of the saves and their folder and it keeps coming back, although it is empty. I have deleted the old player many times but he keeps coming back.

Where is the player information stored so I can delete that profile manually?

1) Click "Load Game"
2) Select OLD profile with left click
3) Click delete at left bottom of window
4) Confirm action

It will not come back, but you need to have a least one profile active or the default Player profile will reinstall itself.

There is an entry there. I deleted it and now it might work.

Well, that profile is gone but the profile menu still pops up and I have to manually select the only one there at every startup.

If you delete the default "player" profile this happens automatically, as the game does not know which profile is being used actively.
It seems I was able to override this some point with modifying the startup files, but I cannot remember how I did it.
Right now, I have three profiles active that I use (Blood Story Reference, Mod Creation Testing, and my long term character), so I do not want to adjust this right now, because it can can break the game.

In that case, try removing the "options" file altogether. That'll reset it for sure.

I'm not sure I want to do that. This options file is not like the POTC one and looks to have some personal information in it.

It also has info like the players difficulty level in it. I don't want to mess that up.

Delete the profile folder and not its contents, that will remove everything. I think the game has a file some where that stores last game data which is why you see things like ports you had visited in your old profile now showing up in the profile you have started a new game with. Maybe even changing the name of the profile folder and then starting your game (backup the profile first before changing the name though).

Back