• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to change Ship Data?

SessionExpired

Sailor Apprentice
Hello All,

I've been wondering which things do what to the ships.
I'm in th file Ships_init.c located at Age of Pirates 2\Program\Ships

Can someone tell me how to make the ships in there move faster, Turn faster and such.
i was fooling around with it at the start and nothing changed, Then i started a new game
and i noticed things did change after i started a new game, but for the worst.

My ship was completely underwater and could only turn, not move.

Can anyone tell me which line i need to edit to make the ships move faster and such.

P.S

- You can decrease reload times on the cannons in a Cannon file (Cant remember the name right now, sorry)
but you usally need to start a new game fo rit to take effect. (ive set the reload time to 0 which is fun :) )

i only play PotC, but i've heard that the files are almost the same, so this is how it works for PotC, its all pretty logical:

refShip.MaxCrew: the value behind this indicates the maximum crew for your ship( same with Mincrew)

refShip.SpeedRate: indicates how fast your ship can go, the higher, the faster it will go

refShip.TurnRate: indicates how fast your ship turns, again, the higher, the faster

refShip.Price: indicates price

refShip.HP: indicates your hull hitpoints

refShip.SP: indicates your sail hitpoints

thats basicly everything for the stats

i only play PotC, but i've heard that the files are almost the same, so this is how it works for PotC, its all pretty logical:

refShip.MaxCrew: the value behind this indicates the maximum crew for your ship( same with Mincrew)

refShip.SpeedRate: indicates how fast your ship can go, the higher, the faster it will go

refShip.TurnRate: indicates how fast your ship turns, again, the higher, the faster

refShip.Price: indicates price

refShip.HP: indicates your hull hitpoints

refShip.SP: indicates your sail hitpoints

thats basicly everything for the stats

There are other values that include the word Speed also, which i edited before but thats when unwanted effects came into play, So i'll stick to those lines you supplied. - Thank you.

And yes, The files are very simialre between the games.

you also might want to edit the

refship.InertiaAcceleration and refship.InertiaBraking to make the ship respond faster. but leave the value for Z axis.

refship.InertiaAcceleration and refship.InertiaBraking to make the ship respond faster. but leave the value for Z axis.

Ah, Thank you.

That was much needed, my ship accelerates so slow, and it takes so long to brake, If im fighting other ships i end up going much further than i wanted to go.

Thank you, again.

- Note to others: Put the turn rate higher than the speed rate. if there both the same or turn rate is lower, youl find it very hard and annoying to use your ship.

thankyou for this info, for me, i am lowering the values, in CMv3 the accel/decel are both the same number on my ship (sea wolf) so its like i have brakes for real! I changed them so that the ships decel a lot slower, and dont holeshot from a standstill! (to each their own, but i play dynamic style so things felt a little too arcade)

Back