• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to avoid rats from attacking cargo?

Black Sam Bellamy

Sailor Apprentice
Is there any possibility to avoid rats from attacking cargo? In CoAS there was a possibility to fetch up a Rat God and equip him to yourself and all officers that you were using as captains. In SDTEHO i couldn´t find something like that till now. But i could ask a gypsy in the street about poison against rats and she told me that she only has plants and potions. Is there any other person in this game that offers poison for rats? Just for the peace of mind:rolleyes:

No problem Ben, this was more a question to the ones like Captain Sparrow, that were already playing the whole game through. I´m looking for Clues and Tricks you know;)

You ever figure this out? I had to check the steam forums. Here's your options:

1. One of the beginner 'classes' (trader, gymnasitics & fencing, etc. etc.) has a higher stat that helps avoid rats. Can't remember which one tho.

2. Gyspys sell arsenic, which helps, but its hard to find.

3. Rat Totem comes from a bartender, but the person who wrote that didn't say where, only that a bartender gives you the quest.

Hope that helps!

Ohhhh that could really help! You are my hero!

1. I can forget about that because i was choosing to be the strongest fighter of them and anyway that won´t fix it 100%.

2. They don´t talk with me anymore because i didn´t pay them for future knowledge and that might also not avoid that little beasts forever.

3. This seems to be the real deal to me and i will try really hard to get that quest from them.

The rat god is at the CoAS. It is underwater, in a chest taht can be open with a key you receive when you work for Shark Dodson n the CoAS. The chest is at the right of the shipwreck in front of you when you start to go underwater.

After you finish Justice island quest chain you can get Ole as an office which will completely remove all rats for ever , you have to keep giving Ole Large pearls (when you enter a tavern he will ask you for pearls) so you always have to keep a few large pearls with you to keep him in your crew

But Ole is not staying forever. As soon as he has collected enough pearls, he will ask you to drop him at his mother´s home in Philipsburg.

I've found arsenic amulets occasionally in chests on the corners of beaches, and these always have good treasure in them, at least the first time you encounter them. If there's a chest at one beach on an island, there are usually more. The amulets may be available at merchants at some point later in the game.

Hook

Back