• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How do you sell goods that are on your ship?

Peg Leg Rick

Landlubber
I'm new to the game and am still on my starting island. I'm playing for England and have started in Havana, Cuba. I've got goods on my starting ship. I'm still running around trying to make some money to hire crew and I've hired two officers. I've sailed around the island a little but usually get attacked and destroyed. Last night I actually won a battle and captured the enemy ship. I took all the merchandise aboard my ship as I didn't have enough crew to man both ships so I had to let my capture sink. That was a bummer.

Anyway I crippled back to town to repair my ship and sell the loot I captured...but I can't figure out where or who to sell it to!? None of the stuff that was on my ship nor the extra stuff I looted shows up with any of the merchants. I even checked with the Port Authority and the Shipyards. How do I sell this stuff and, for that matter, where do I buy replacement goods like food and cannon balls for my ship?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm having a blast so far with this game and it's just the vanilla version, but if I can't figure out where to buy and sell then it's going to be a short game for me. Thanks!

This was doing my head in. Worse is that I could not find a single result relating to this mechanic. Had to watch a LP to figure out there are stores in towns that buy and sell goods from ships.

This was doing my head in. Worse is that I could not find a single result relating to this mechanic. Had to watch a LP to figure out there are stores in towns that buy and sell goods from ships.
Does CoAS not have a good tutorial that brings you to the Store to sell your cargo?
The 2003 PotC did include that...

Does CoAS not have a good tutorial that brings you to the Store to sell your cargo?
The 2003 PotC did include that...

I don't think there exists any tutorial features beyond the basic inauguration given on the ship. Then again I'm not known for playing tutorials of any kind lol.

The part that threw me off was that some stores just look like ordinary buildings/houses. I still get lost in towns looking for them. :S

The part that threw me off was that some stores just look like ordinary buildings/houses. I still get lost in towns looking for them. :S
Odd.
PotC and CT often have "Store" signs outside the buildings.
CT even has many buildings looking the same; just arranged differently.

Odd.
PotC and CT often have "Store" signs outside the buildings.
CT even has many buildings looking the same; just arranged differently.
In GOF 1.0 only some stores are fitted to look commercial or have adequate signage. Sometimes the only discernible difference is the colour of the door lol.

Back