• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How do you become a pirate in build 11

mage66

Landlubber
I know someone already asked this question, but I never really got an answer. Right now in the game everyone is hostile toward me, except for the pirates, they are neutral. And my reputation is Horror of the High Seas, but when I talk to the pirate king guy he just says he's busy... Is it even possible to become a pirate with just the mods installed with build 11? and if so, what do you have to do?

Thanks in Advance,
Mage

A MOD CALLED "BECOME A PIRATE" WORKS ,, BUT not IN THE BUILD....
iF YOU GOT HOSTILE (shi*t capslock) to anyone .......
try check your nation ....... I guess you flying the Jolly Roger
using the "hois a pirate flag" icon, means you get hostile with that nation that sees it...
not the others.......
BUT same time you get friendly with pyrates .......
In Nation relations(sub menu) u can choose the funktion(dont remember the name) change flag, this does NOT mean you become a pyrate while choosing the flag......

I usually get to be a Pyrate while delivering the famous letter to the pYrate chief ........
that works too ......
:yes
I hope it helps ........ or else ask again .....

What do you mean when you way that become a pirate works...just not in the build? Does this mean I'll have to uninstall Build 11 or something? Also what is the "famous letter" your talking about? :yes
Thanks for the quick response though!

I don't know, mate, I think you just start doing pirate things. Hoisting the jolly roger helps.

IF you raid a merchant ship, you will be declared a pirate.

I am not sure, I only tried v 11 for a bit before going back to 8.3

mage66 said:
What do you mean when you way that become a pirate works...just not in the build? Does this mean I'll have to uninstall Build 11 or something? Also what is the "famous letter" your talking about? :yes
Thanks for the quick response though!

I would sertainly NOT `un-install` the build v.11

The famous latter is a part of da main quest ......
when reached that point, you can choose .....

first time talking to him : "deliver letter(some text i don't remember)" or "I hate you pirate scum"

second time : "so you want to be a pirate" or "I hate you pirate scum"

the second time can be just after the first one .......

But If you have a sertain BAD reputation, (get it by attacking all pirate ships you meet on till that point, that will work if you did NOT hois a pirate flag.
then you can talk to pirate chief much sooner.........

when reachin somethings like .. your known as "promising pirate" you can. ( I did )

but anyway .... it works for me that way ....... try find your own best way ....
:p:

Um...English for marquis _is_ marquess, TTBOMK. Vs. Marchioness, for marquise.

If you don't become hostile to England, you don't lose the title. I don't recall offhand if joining via Isenbrant _does_ make you hostile to England, though.

The requirement for joining via Isenbrant is, you must have a certain minimum fame. You get fame by:
Raising your level via XP
Raising your leadership
Being _personally_ wealthy (i.e. what you get _after_ dividing the plunder)
Your land
Your best rank in service with nation(s)
How happy your crew were with their shares from the last DP.

That's what marchioness is for.
Actually, I think it's just that marquess is the anglicized phonetic of an anglicization of marquis.
Or, German/Dutch, since there it's IIRC Markes.

Since it's (marquess) IIRC pronounced Maar'-qwiss. Which would be an English mutilation of Marquis.

But, this is really going a bit OT. :?

Back