• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How can make new Real piratebrig ship Modell!

Check "RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES\pictures.ini". Does it have a line for "Brig_20_Gun1_181"? (The one included with the 31st August installer, and with the update archive, has that line. But if you have your own version of "pictures.ini" to allow interfaces for your own custom characters, it may be missing that line.)

Here are the VCO figureheads and their textures.
I've been doing a bit of work on those. For one thing, I renamed all the .gm files to something a bit more descriptive. Most of them are already in use, either as standalone figureheads or incorporated into "deck.gm" files, which means their texture files are also already included. So I hex-edited them to use the files already in the game. For the three which I couldn't find, I used TX Convertor to convert their .bmp.tx files to .tga and then back to .tga.tx, renamed them, and hex-edited the figurehead models to use the renamed versions.

There were two versions of a Neptune figurehead, both identical. There's an alternate pair of texture files for Neptune already included in the game, which makes him green instead of blue, so I edited the second version to use the green files.

The result is available here:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/VCO figureheads.zip

Info:
Everything in VCO is about twice the size in POTC so these figureheads may be too large for the ships. Now that can be fixed with the TOOL.

Figurehead size depends on the size of the ship anyway. I did indeed need to scale down the double-headed dragon for use on "Brig_20_Gun1_181", but it would probably work unmodified on something larger such as a frigate.

Copy the figurehead of your choice into the ship model, then run a quick FreePlay game to see how the ship looks. Save game while the ship is at sea. Then you can play around with the figurehead (or anything else on the model, for that matter), then reload the savegame and see at once how the ship looks after the change. Repeat as necessary.

Copy the figurehead of your choice into the ship model, then run a quick FreePlay game to see how the ship looks. Save game while the ship is at sea. Then you can play around with the figurehead (or anything else on the model, for that matter), then reload the savegame and see at once how the ship looks after the change. Repeat as necessary.
Or do console Give Ship, Alt+Tab and reload scene so you don't even need to reload the save.

I'm told that it's not a good idea to run TOOL and the game at the same time.

Back