• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How can make new Real piratebrig ship Modell!

I don't have time to check the ship myself. Have you created an entry for it in "Ships_init.c"? As a starting point, you could copy the entire existing entry for "Brig1" and simply change the "refShip.Name" line to "Piratbrig01".

You should then be able to choose the ship by starting a FreePlay game and clicking the ship picture on the right of the story selection screen. There won't be a picture of the ship, just a blank square, because you don't have an interface picture for it. You can only get that by selecting the blank ship, going to sea, and getting a screenshot. You can then make the interface picture out of that screenshot.

@Grey Roger
A Question about The Shipint. C Entry:
What have I to make if I copy a Ship Model from AOP2-GOF 2.0 for example:
• The Sea Wold Brig ship
• The Brigantine Ship Model.

Cu PK

I've already imported the Sea Wolf brig. If you have the 31st August version, you'll find it in "Ships_init.c" as "BrigSW1".

Finish with AoP2's "Brig1" first. If you succeed in importing that, you will know what you need to do to import any other AoP2 models into PoTC.

The one from ModDB is not the latest version. You can tell it's not the latest version because it does not have "BrigSW1". ;)

Get this one instead:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 31 August 2017]
Don't forget to download and install the "Extra Fix Archive", also linked from that article.

You don't make Sailorpoints with that tool. AoP2 uses Sailorpoints, PoTC uses walk files, and the tool converts between the two. So, if you're converting an AoP2 ship to PoTC, you feed its Sailorpoints file into that tool and it produces the walk file for the PoTC version. (You can make Sailorpoints by feeding a PoTC walk file to the same tool, but that doesn't help you if you're trying to convert from AoP2 to PoTC. :D)

@Grey Roger
My new Brig from the AoP2 I have imported to POTC , it works and looks good.

But I have no walking guys on the Ship and if a walk on the Ship the Ship deck looks not as Ship is.
Do you unterstand what I mean?

How can I fix this. Please help me @Grey Roger to fix this.

And in your update file you have not all Walk files for the Ship.

Last edited:
Could you post the file "system.log"? And, if it exists, "error.log"? They may hold clues as to why you are not getting crew walking on the ship.

If you go to the ship's deck from port, you get a generic deck, not the deck from the ship model. This is always the case. If you are sailing and switch view, so that you are on the deck, it should be the one from the model.

Which other ships are missing their walk files?

Here are the File:

And Maybe you could make at the Time or for a new Update a new better generic deck.

Attachments

• system.log
    5.9 KB · Views: 237
@Grey Roger
Hm maybe I now The know The the Error I don’t make a entry in the shipWalk ini file

So have know make a entry in this file.

But I have a problem with the ship Interface Pic. Please can you check it in Dropbox the picture.init file? Here are some information:
• Smoking_Jack should have PiratFrgatesup Pic
• HunterBrig should have PiratBrig50 Pic
• PiratBrig01 should have Brig2 Pic
• Brigatine should have Brigatine 1 Pic

I also ways have empty Pics in the Game.

What is wrong?

Cu PK

Look at "pictures.ini". Those ships are clustered under the group "[SHIPS5]". So in "Ships_init.c", each ship will need its "refShip.BigPicTexName" line to say:
Code:
refShip.BigPicTexName   = "SHIPS5";
Also, one of your ships is called "Brigantina2", but there is already a "Brigantina2" - I added it some time ago, it's a blue version of "Brigantina1".

If you look in "Ships_init.c" and find the section for "Pirate_SteamFrigate", you'll see that it has the line 'refShip.BigPicTexName = "SHIPS5";'. That's what tells the system that the ship gets its interface picture from group "SHIP5".

In "pictures.ini", you'll see this:
Code:
[SHIPS5]
sTextureName       = shipsTM.tga
That tells the system that group "SHIP5" gets its interface pictures from file "RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\shipsTM.tga.tx", which is a big file with 64 interface pictures, though not all of them are used yet. The line for each ship tells the system exactly which part of that file is the ship's picture, e.g.:
Code:
picture = Smoking_Jack,            257,257,512,512
That tells the system that the picture for "Smoking_Jack" is between 257,257 (top left corner) and 512,512 (bottom right corner).

So there are a couple of reasons why you're not getting a picture for "Smoking_Jack". One is that you might not have the line 'refShip.BigPicTexName = "SHIPS5";' in the definition of "Smoking_Jack" in "Ships_init.c". The other is that you probably haven't edited "shipsTM.tga.tx" to put a picture in the right place.

Incidentally, right after I've put a new ship into the game, it has a blank interface picture as well, for the same reason - I haven't put a picture into "shipsTM.tga.tx". So I'll start up a FreePlay game, pick the ship with the blank picture, and sail it out of sight of land. Use the world map for that - be out on the open sea where no island icon appears on the map. Return to sailing mode during day and hope the weather is good - if not, go back to world map, then back to sailing mode, and keep doing that until it is daytime with good weather. Move the view around the ship to get a good angle. Press F9 to get rid of the compass and other interface parts, then press F8 to get a screenshot. Quit the game and look at the top level of the game installation folder, where you should see a file with a name like "seadogs1.tga" - in fact, you'll probably have several of them. You can then use Photoshop to clip that to a square, resize it to 256x256, and add it to "shipsTM.tga.tx". (Remember to use TX Convertor to convert between .tga.tx which the game uses, and .tga which Photoshop can read.)

Last edited:
There's no need to make copies of ships unless you want to create your own textures for them. If you need a ship called "Smoking Jack" which is the same as "PiratFrigateSup", just use "PiratFrigateSup". Remember:
Code:
GiveShip2Character(characterFromID("Pirate Captain"),"PiratFrigateSup","Smoking Jack",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
That will give "Pirate Captain" a ship called "Smoking Jack" which is a "PiratFrigateSup" type.

Figurehead: you'll need to use TOOL to add a locator for the figurehead on the bow. Look at the locators on "Corvette1", "Corvette2" and "RN_Corvette", which are all the same model with different textures and different figureheads. You can also copy one of their figureheads into the model folder for your ship - again, you can copy the "Corvette1_figurehead.gm" (or whichever version you prefer) into your ship's folder and rename it to match the name of your ship model. "Corvette1" has a gryphon, "Corvette2" has a man with a sword, and "RN_Corvette" has a panther. If you want any other sort of figurehead then you'll need to create the model for it yourself.

The boat and bell are harder. Again, you can use TOOL to add a locator to the ship model where the bell is to go, but I don't think there is a separate model for a ship's bell. Many ship models have a file called "deck" or "part1" which contains a whole lot of extra detail, but they'll have those details positioned for their specific ships. If you try to use one of those, you'll end up with details in the wrong places. So you'll have to create your own boat and bell models, or possibly modify one of the "deck" or "part1" files to move things around to fit on your ship. I can't help there are I have no experience in 3D modelling.

Back