• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How can I make Danielle a removable officer?

lbm1006

Landlubber
I've finished the main quest of the stock game,changed the quests_reaction.c so the game is still playable and I can do some other side quests.

So now I want to remove Danielle from my active officer,I presume it's possible too by edit some text file,is there anybody could tell me which file is that?

The command you want it:
Code:
SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("Danielle"), true);
You could try putting it into "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\danielle_dialog.c". Talk to her, see what she says, find that line in "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\danielle_dialog.h", then find the part of "danielle_dialog.c" which makes her say that line. That is probably where you should put the command. Then talk to Danielle again and she should be removable.

To figure out the line number for the dialog text, use Notepad to look at "danielle_dialog.h", go to the line, and press Ctrl-G. That's the command to Goto a line, and by default it will show the number of the line you're on. Subtract 2 from that number. The reason is that the first line of "danielle_dialog.h" is the 'string DLG_TEXT' declaration line, and Goto starts counting from 1 but the index for DLG_TEXT starts from 0. So if you're looking at line number 10 then you'll want to find a reference to DLG_TEXT[8] in "danielle_dialog.c".

The command you want it:
Code:
SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("Danielle"), true);
You could try putting it into "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\danielle_dialog.c". Talk to her, see what she says, find that line in "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\danielle_dialog.h", then find the part of "danielle_dialog.c" which makes her say that line. That is probably where you should put the command. Then talk to Danielle again and she should be removable.

To figure out the line number for the dialog text, use Notepad to look at "danielle_dialog.h", go to the line, and press Ctrl-G. That's the command to Goto a line, and by default it will show the number of the line you're on. Subtract 2 from that number. The reason is that the first line of "danielle_dialog.h" is the 'string DLG_TEXT' declaration line, and Goto starts counting from 1 but the index for DLG_TEXT starts from 0. So if you're looking at line number 10 then you'll want to find a reference to DLG_TEXT[8] in "danielle_dialog.c".
Worked perfectly!Thanks for the help!

Back